Chapter 21

I entered the emergency room and went to the desk to ask which operation room

"Operation Room one. Doctor Kai is already waiting, and the patient is under anaesthesia." the nurse said. I took a minute to study the CT scans and understand the procedure before going into the operation room.

I entered the hallway of the operation room and started washing my hands. I looked up into operation room two through a window and saw Doctor Yeon operating on a patient along with her other doctors.

What the hell? What is she doing in the operation room? Who is she operating on? It can't be.... it can't be the Minister? Is it? What the hell? No, there is no way. Then why the fuck is she in the operation room?

Okay, Eunha, focus. Just finish with this patient, then we will find out why she is there. Okay? Just focus. I entered operation room one, and the nurse helped me get ready.

"Doctor Min. Sorry, I know you are on a day off. But you know me. I'm used to pregnant women and performing c-sections ninety per cent of the time." Doctor Kai said as his voice was full of relief. Which made sense since he is an obstetrician. {An obstetrician is a doctor who specialises in pregnancy, childbirth, and a woman's reproductive system}

"Don't worry. Is the patient stable?" I asked

"I managed to get him stable, but we never know when the vitals might get unstable again. He was in a lot of pain when I found out about the internal bleeding," Doctor Kai explained.

"Okay, Let's start the operation," I said once I was ready and examined the patient "Scalpel,"

"Large gauze," I said once I opened the patient. The bleeding site was right there. I used the gauze to absorb the blood that was accumulating in the site to have a better look at the injury.

"Keep the taping coming," Doctor Kai told the nurse as he helped me.

"He is bleeding more than I expected," Doctor Nam said

"Retractor," I said, and we used it to separate the skin, so now we had a better look at the injury. I realised its the splenic artery that was damaged

"Right angle forceps," I said and used it to close the bleeding for the time being "his spleen is damaged. we need to remove it."

"Clip," I said and continued with the procedure and removed the spleen safely without any complications. I got out of operation room one to be greeted by Doctor Yeon, and her doctors are also getting out of the operation room. But also Beomgyu behind her.

What is this?

"I see you just finished an operation. how did it go?" I asked Doctor Yeon as I noted that she looked agitated as hell. I looked at Beomgyu, and he avoided my gaze. Something went wrong in that operation room. Doctor Yeon didn't say anything and left. Beomgyu just stood there, not following her.