Chapter 8

"The thing is

"The thing is..." she hesitated. "It Doctor Yeon Sooni."

my stomach dropped. The same doctor told me to do the surgery on the patient five years ago. She knew he had less than a five per cent chance of survival, yet she made me do the surgery because the patient would die on my hand. She thought I had nothing to lose, but I lost a lot. She didn't lose anything.

That was the first patient who died between my hands, and that's when my life turned around. I was transferred here as the city hospital didn't want me. Doctor Park accepted me with open arms.

but still I couldn't forgive myself.

I hung up and walked into Doctor Park's office, where he was sitting on his desk going through documents.

"They killed him," I said, and Doctor Park looked up. "The hostage patient. They didn't perform the surgery right away and waited until he died. She killed him"

"Who killed him?" Doctor Park asked, tilting his head

"Doctor Yeon Sooni. This isn't the first time I told you about when she made me- I mean, how can she do that again? how many patients has she done this to" I started to talk as I felt my body heat up and tears filled up my eyes

"Eunha," Doctor Park said as he got up and pulled me to sit on the couch. He put down the blinds so that no one outside could see what was happening. "It's a solved case, they caught the person who did it, and he admitted into it, and now they are investigating"

"So she will get away with it", I said, feeling frustrated as his answer didn't satisfy me.

"So what are you going to do? If she got away with murdering someone she will get away with you accusing her of murder. Stop doing detective work and do your doctor work. how is the patient that you just operated on?" Doctor Park said

"But this isn't her first time doing it" I argued still not giving up.

"She isn't the only one who is doing those types of things. You know how corrupted the city hospital is. You have experienced yourself," Doctor Park said, clenching his jaw, and glared at me. "A couple of days ago, you asked me why I started this hospital. It's for the same reason. I used to work in the city hospital, I saw it all and I've seen worse. I went against the system by ignoring commands from the higher-ups. The CEO, at that time, didn't like that, so he sent me here. The doctors in the city hospital thought that I was dead or disappeared into thin air. until five years ago where I reappeared looking for doctors, that's how I got you, Doctor Kang and Doctor Kai."

I was really shocked when I heard him say that. It was my first time hearing it. So this is how the Town hospital started. Started with Dr. Park tried to stand up for what is right but was silenced. He wanted to build a hospital where the truth was always out and stood up for what is right.

"Stop holding unnecessary grudges against people. the police already caught the criminal, and that's it matters. I checked the brain scan. Even if you say anything, nothing will change. If the patient did have the surgery, he would be in a coma on life support or bed bound and can't feed himself. Sometimes saving the patient isn't the best thing. They might end up suffering even more," Doctor Park said