Chapter 11

"Connect him to Plasmapheresis right now

"Connect him to Plasmapheresis right now. It seems like he almost overdosed on painkillers. thank god it didn't affect his organs yet, but we need to move quickly," Doctor Park said

I felt the world crash on me.

It was worse than I thought. I just thought he might need shoulder surgery which itself is terrible. But an overdose? Why? Why would he take that much pain killer? he is a doctor. He should have known better why? Why would he do this to himself?

"Yah, get your head straight!" I heard a voice yell at me, and I looked up and saw Doctor Park glaring at me. "Stop spacing out and move quickly."

I nodded and went to the ICU and prepared for the Plasmapheresis, a machine that takes out blood from the body, cleans it, and puts it back into the body.

After I finished and started the machine, I looked at Beomgu's face, and I just wanted to sob. He looked pale. His warm skin tone is now cold blue. He had intubation that was connected to an oxygen machine. I reached down and held his hand. It was cold. I felt hot tears drop down my cheek.

"I'm scared," Beomgyu's voice replayed in my head from last night. I immediately pulled away my hand. He was scared. Is that why this happened? What is he scared about?

He is scared of me.

He never wants to be around me. He never wanted to be around me in the first place. That's why he is so eager to leave this hospital. He was forced into coming here.

I heard the door open, breaking my thoughts, and I turned away to wipe my tears before looking towards the person who entered, which was Doctor Kai.

"Doctor Park said he should be on Plasmapheresis for the next two hours. In the meantime, we need to plan his surgery for his shoulder," Doctor Kai said, and I nodded.

"Is his brother here?" I asked

"He should be here any minute," Doctor Kai said. "But Noona, I think you should rest. I will watch Doctor Choi."

"Kai, what happened yesterday? What made him like this?" I asked

"Honestly, I don't know. It was like a usual Friday. You know a lot of patients and operations. It seemed like he overworked himself, making him tear his shoulder muscle again. It must be really painful. maybe that's why he took a lot of painkillers."

"But why? he is a doctor. He should know better not to take a lot of painkillers," I said

"Well that I don't know why he did it", Kai replied

"He could have died", I whispered as it was tough to say it. My throat tightened at that thought

"Noona, don't worry. He will be okay. I will keep an eye on him," Doctor Kai said. I nodded and left the ICU and towards the lobby where the hospital's front door was. My phone rang, and I looked at it, and it was an unknown number.