Chapter 15

I went to the staff room and got ready to leave as my shift finished

I went to the staff room and got ready to leave as my shift finished. Once I stepped out of the hospital, that's when reality hit me.

It's been three months.

Three months, since I last saw him.

A part of me was really glad that he hadn't come back. I still felt my blood boil for the words he told me the night he left. But a part of me wanted him to come back.

No.

Apart from me wanted to go to him. Go to the city and find him. Even if a part of me misses him and wants to hold him, be in his presence again, but I still couldn't help but feel disappointed that he still hasn't come back. Did he really hate it here?

Once I reached home, using my car, I spotted another car in my driveway. She must be home then. Cha Ah-rang. my new roommate for the past month. She is also a doctor that works at the hospital, but she mainly works night shifts, so I barely interact with her as I work day shifts. She will probably leave in a few minutes.

When I entered the house, I noticed an extra pair of shoes that didn't seem to belong there. It seemed big for a female's feet, so it wasn't Ah-rang's. Oh, is her brother here then?

"Ah-rang, I'm home", I called out, I immediately heard rushed footsteps, and Ah-rang came to view. she was already wearing her clothes, ready to head out to the hospital.

"Oh Eunha, you came," she said, but something was off. She seemed nervous

"Is your brother here?" I asked, pointing at the shoes

"Ummm... No... he is not," she said, biting her lips

"Ohhhh, boyfriend then," I said, wiggling my eyebrows,"That's why you seem nervous."

"N-no. The thing is, it's not my boyfriend. But yours," she said. I froze in my place.

Did she let a stranger in the house?

A serial killer? Stalker?

"I don't have a boyfriend," I said, and she froze. Her eyes went wide open, and her mouth dropped open. That's when I saw it...

A creepy figure appears behind her.

Dark tall, muscular figure

I was about to scream as terror hit me. That's when it hit me. My heart dropped to my stomach at sight in front of me.

It was him. He was standing right there.

I expected my blood to boil and just wanted to slap him across the face for coming back, but I felt the complete opposite. I felt my throat strain and my heartbeat fast. I wanted to feel his warmth around me like before. I just wanted him to be around me.

I don't know what he did for the last three months, but he seemed more masculine and mature. He was wearing a tight black t-shirt that hugged his arms beautifully, the veins visible on his arms, with his grey sweatpants and his black baseball hat. He didn't have his shoulder cast anymore, which made me relieved. it meant that he was no longer in pain