A new start

I just finished high school and now I was on my way to college. I have always dreamed about college and what it would be like.
I hope to make new friends and to start all over again, with no one who knows me or can judge me.
I have blank sheets in front of me and I am ready to start writing a new chapter in my life.
Maybe I will even meet someone who can make me forget about him. I know that's a bold wish to wish for, considering it's been years and I still haven't been able to move on.

It's not actually like we were a thing. We never was because he just saw me as a kid. I could blame myself for that. I never told him what I truly felt for him. I was always too afraid it would ruin our precious friendship.
How was I supposed to know it wouldn't last anyway?

It was still a week until school started, which gave me some time to settle, and get to know the place and my dormmate. Her name was Hera and I could not have asked for a better dormmate.
We hit it off quite nicely and became friends right away. Turns out we have picked all the same courses, which is great. Now I at least know someone in my class.

Hera had ran into some guy at campus who asked her to come to this big party which would be hosted tonight and he told her to bring a friend, so she asked me. I haven't been to a party before and I have no idea what it's like.

"That's fine. It will be fun! One time must be your first time, right?" Hera said as she winked to me.
And I guess she is right, I can't die and never have been to a party, so I gave in.

The party was indeed big. The music was so loud I could barely hear what Hera was saying to me. It was a good atmosphere and people were having fun.
The guy who invented Hera greeted us by the door. He was cute. I wouldn't have believed he was our age if it wasn't a college party, he had such a baby face.

"So who did you bring with you, Hera?" The guy said while he was looking at me.
"Hi, I am y/n!" I responded and reached out my hand to greet him.
"Hi, y/n. I am Gavi. It's really nice to meet you. I hope someone has told you that you are beautiful." He said as he took my hand and kissed the back of it.
I was definitely physically blushing, I could feel it.
Hera laughed and said she was going to look around a bit, she probably just wanted us to get some time alone. I am gonna get her for that later.

Gavi offered me a drink. I didn't know if I should accept it, I mean it's the first time, I don't know how I will react.
I told him and he understood. He said he wouldn't force me to drink if I didn't want to, but the offer was still there.
I thought about it a little and you know what? It's a party, I should try to have a some fun. I was looking for a new start. I need to try new thing for that to happen.

"Maybe I will have a drink." I said to him confidently.
"Yeah? You're sure?" He asked as he was squinting at me.
I assured him that I was very sure and he gave me something in a red big cup. I took a sip and it tasted strong so I couldn't help but make a face, which made Gavi laugh.
"That's cute." I heard him say under his breath. But I pretend like I didn't and continued to drink from the cup.

After several cups of whatever Gavi was handing me, I started to feel a little dizzy, but in a good way. It felt like nothing really mattered accept from what was happening right now. I didn't have a single worry.

The music playing over the speakers made me want to dance, so I asked Gavi if he was up for it. He accepted the offer and we went onto the dance floor. I threw my hand up in the air and he held around me. We were just moving our bodies to the rhythm of the song playing. It was so fun, I laughed my heart out.
In the corner of my eyes I spotted Hera, who was watching us. I bet she just wanted to check if I was okay. I believe she realized I was as she was smiling at me and putting her thumbs up.

After we danced for a while, Gavi asked if I wanted to go outside for a bit. I said yes, since I was feeling hot, almost as I was burning up.
We stood outside on the stairs and talked about how much fun we were having. We were standing so close and he was running his hands through my hair.
"You really are so beautiful." He said mesmerizing.
"Stop!" I replied, laughing and hit him lightly on his chest.

This moment felt so right. Everything was perfect. Gavi was looking deeply into my eyes and I could feel his face coming closer to mine, so I started to move towards him as well. There were inches in between us. We were so close.

"Gavi!" Someone said. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't quite figure out why.
We pulled away from each other and tried to find the owner of the voice who was calling.

And there he was. After all this years, he was standing right in front of me.

"Pedri?" I said while I still was taken aback.
"Y/n?" He replied just as shocked.

There were some silence and I didn't know what to say, I had so many questions. Which one should I start with?

"What are you doing here?" I finally blurted out.
"I go to school here.. and I see you have met my best friend." He said almost a little cold.
"You guys know each other?" Gavi asked confused. How would he know was going down.
"Well yes. We grew up together. Kinda." Pedri said while holding his gaze at me. I tried to send him a smile, but he didn't respond, he seemed out of it.
"Oh! I will give you guys some time alone then so you can catch up. I will wait inside." Gavi said while looking back and forth between me and Pedri. Gavi stepped away and left me with Pedri alone.

It's been so many years, but I feel like he is still the same old Pedri. He almost looked just the same as he did when we were younger.
I have imagined this moment since he left all those years ago. I always wondered if I would ever see him again. I can't believe he goes to the same college as me. This is like a dream come true. I was smiling to myself as I could already imagine our future together.

"It's been awhile, huh?" He said softly as he smiled at me, but not with his eyes. Hearing him speak gave me butterflies in my tummy.
"Yeah, it has.." I said a little empty, remembering all the years without him.
He asked me about my parents and my brother and how they were doing. I told him they were fine. Then we talked about what we have been doing this past years and i learned that he is still playing football on pretty high level, but he is trying to combine it with education. And I bet he would do it perfectly, because that's just how he is. I also learned that Gavi isn't only his best friend but also teammate and dormmate.

"So.. you and Gavi?" He asked curiously, but he wasn't looking in my eyes. He was looking down at the ground while kicking a rock carefully around to distract himself.
"I mean, not really. I don't know. We just met to be honest, and we were just having some fun." I said and that was the truth. It wasn't more then that. I don't really know Gavi yet, but he seems like a great guy.

"Okay. Just be careful, he is quite a player." He said looking at me seriously. I wasn't surprised. I did get the impression that Gavi had a flirty personality. I was just happy Pedri was still looking out for me, even after all this time.

"Listen, I got to go because I am meeting someone, but maybe we can meet up later and talk some more?" Pedri asked hopefully.
"I would love that." I tried to say as calmly as I possibly could, despite I was feeling so excited.
"You got my number, right?" I asked.
"Yeah, I do." He said smiling.

He gave me a hug before leaving. Oh, how I wish I could be in his arms forever, I thought.

The plan about a new start was starting to look a little dark.