Ch 20 Weird!

It's only been a few days and Liz was about ready to pull her hair out, the three have gotten into a kind of routine, but Jin and Beau argue every time they're anywhere near each other. Jin is jealous because of how easily Liz seems to have accepted Beau's presence in their lives and Beau simply seems to enjoy taunting Jin. Liz on the other hand didn't mind Beau helping out at first, but now she's starting to feel bad like she's abusing his kindness since he's doing so much for them and Jin wouldn't even let him sleep inside the cave.

Jin stayed glued to Liz's side most of the time, neither letting the other do much until wounds began healing. Reluctantly Jin did allow Liz and Beau to interact occasionally and didn't discourage the behavior since he knew in his heart what everyone kept saying was true, one male isn't enough to keep a female safe, happy and healthy.

Much to Jin's annoyance but relief Beau was efficient with everything he did, when he left to hunt he never strayed far or stayed gone long. Beau didn't waste his time competing with the tigers, chasing down large game, instead he'd return with 6-12 smaller game like rabbits, birds, squirrels and to Liz's surprise foxes.
FYI all of these animals... uhh excuse me, beasts are at least double or triple the size of the ones from earth, male beastmen have rather large apatites, though after a big meal they can go for days without eating.

"Does it not bother you to kill and eat foxes?" Liz asked awkwardly.

"Why would it?" Beau countered in a board tone.

"Well... I mean... Your a fox beastman, right. Isn't it weird for you?" Now he turned to her with a raised eyebrow.

"I am not a wild fox beast. It's not 'wi'erd' to eat it." He denied and went back to treating the fox hide, before Liz burst out laughing.

"Weird, not... Whatever the hell you just said." Liz rippled with laughter, Beau glared but tried to hide a small smile and rolled his eyes.

"What does it mean?"

"Weird means strange, odd, uhh not normal."

"Eating wild beasts is normal. And if you think that's weird, what could you think of beastmen that eat other beastmen. That would be weird then, right?" Beau chuckled darkly and Liz shuttered.

"Is that true? Do some beastmen eat other beastmen?"

"Yes, feral beastmen are known to eat each other often and some feral males even eat their own female." He explained dramatically, taking the opportunity to warn her about ferals in case her tribe didn't teach her this since she was sheltered and he kind of enjoyed her fearful reaction.

"Ugh! That's horrible!" Liz exclaimed.

"Hmm." Beau agreed with curt nod but stared at her with a serious look. "But it's not weird for females to eat their males either."

"Wh... What! Why?" She asked shocked and Beau watched her with dark curious eyes.

"For fresh meat during the cold season." He explained simply.

"That's disgusting!" Her face scrunched up in disgust and now Beau was the one surprised by her reaction.

"You're a strange female." He chuckled with a satisfied smirk. "Does your race hibernate in the cold season??"

"No." She answered tilting her head curiously. "Why?" She asked and Beau's stare turned cold and frightening.

"You..." Beau began but was cut off by the sound of a loud crash and both looked to see a large stack of firewood tied together with vines and an angry looking Jin glaring at Beau.

"Jin! What are you doing. Your supposed to be resting." Liz scolded and Jin's expression quickly changed from a sharp glare directed at Beau, to a pitiful pleading one as he turned to Liz.

"Don't be angry. My wounds are almost healed now because of you." Jin coaxed as he pulled her into his arms and nuzzled her neck, making her giggle at the ticklish feeling.

"Nooo... I am angry... Hmm haha... Stoppp!!! Pft..." She squealed, trying to resist and push him away, but Jin wasn't having it and continued nuzzling her.

"Stupid female. Doesn't even know what she ate in the cold season." Beau muttered under his breath and was about to walk away in irritation but Jin's growl caught him off guard again.

"You dare speak about her like that! Your the stupid one! You know nothing of where my mate comes from. Do not insult her!" Jin roared. Liz looked between the men confused since she hadn't heard what Beau said, but the guilty expression on his face told her he'd said something he shouldn't have.

"It's ok, love. He can't help his ignorance." Liz coaxed Jin and he buried his face back in her neck, she smiled then looked back at Beau, while she absentmindedly stroked Jin's hair. "I come from a place very far away that's completely different from the way things are here. My people haven't struggled for food even in the cold season in a very long time." Liz stated confidently with a cheeky smirk and shrugged.

"How is that possible?" Beau asked sceptically.

"We figured out ways to preserve food." She explained catching both Beau and Jin off guard.

"Really? How?"

"Umm... I'm really not sure..."

"I bet you're lying just so you don't look stupid." Beau scoffed hatefully.

"Don't just assume I'm lying, because I'm not. Just cause you aren't smart enough to figure it out doesn't mean I can't... My people already did it once... I mean you didn't even know about stitches." She said smugly, Jin chuckled into her neck and nuzzled in while he lightly squeezed her waist. Beau on the other hand blanched and tried to sputter out a rebuttal but Liz cut him off. "Ya. Ya. No. You were being a judgy jerk and I won't tolerate it." She cut him off smugly, 'You're not going to win this fight buddy. Teach you to trash talk me. Nana Nana Boo Boo.'

After that Liz and Jin snuggled while Beau irritably prepared the food according to Liz's directions, though he was still sour from their discussion he did have to admit she was definitely different from any female he'd ever met before. Besides first aid, as she called it, Beau was fascinated by how Liz used the flame devil to cook her food, how she used plants on the meat to change the taste. He was eager to learn more of her strange ways and Liz was happy to teach especially since he also brought back several different herbs for her to identify.

Being a healer Beau was careful not to bring her anything poisonous, though he and Jin both still insisted on trying anything new she made first to make sure it was safe for her to eat. They stupidly competed over who'd try things first and both would wind up trying everything until Liz pointed out a flaw in their thinking.

"So what happens if something is actually poison, if you both eat it and get poisoned than who's going to protect me?" They both gave her a deer in the headlights look which made it difficult to keep up her serious persona and not laugh right in their faces. The pair who had been arguing about literally everything for days stared at each other and came to a silent agreement and surprisingly Jin backed off allowing Beau to be the potential sacrifice.