Chapter 12: Rampant Emotions

"Matari-san! You promised me! Are the kids still working for SSS?!" She burst into the office without any regard or respect.

"What an insolent child you are, Desmond." He looked at her sternly, but emotions were running rampant inside of her right now. "Here are your documents." He threw the stack of papers in her way, completely disregarding her words.

"Answer me, First Lieutenant." The looks in her eyes was practically animalistic.

She had a deep love for children, due to her having a younger brother. Aria couldn't even fathom him ever doing such scary stunts that potentially might endanger him.

"This line of work isn't meant for children!" She slammed her fish into the table, slightly cracking the wood.

"Calm down, Captain. I will deal with that problem when I have some free time. We are on the brink of war right now! That's not as important as what we are dealing with now, how can't you understand your own duties!"

"Understand my own duties?" She sarcastically chuckled, her eyes full of disgust. "My duty is to protect people of my own country and that includes those kids!" She shouted. "They don't deserve being shoved into adult problems! If you are so busy with work, just give it to me not them!"

"Wait, Aria-san..."

"You clearly see everyone as an opportunity or a duty. So let's talk duty then... I will take over that case with children and talk to the director myself, since it seems like you completely just disregard what I say. So excuse me, I have some business left to finish. I am a busy woman as well." She took the docs into her hands and left the room without even looking back, not giving him time to say anything in his defense.

Now she was heading to the Swan's mansion to have a talk with him.

Aria already perfectly planned what she was going to say and how she going to act with him.

Due to his sharp tongue that got him pretty stacked, she was going to be stern and straightforward with him to the point where he won't be able to evade any question as well.

That man would get a taste of his own medicine. She was going to interrogate him as badly as he did when she was having her interview, as a kid.

There she was, waiting for her driver to finally get to the destination, slowly but rhythmically tapping her nails on the door of the car.

"I feel sorry for the unfortunate person to be interrogated by you soon, Desmond-sama." The man nervously tried cracking a joke, all thanks to the terribly awkward atmosphere in the car, making him very on edge.

"That bastard wronged me multiple times when I was a kid... it's time to show him the power that a Desmond holds." She smirked to herself, reminiscing of the times where he tried disciplining the girl for the most outrageous things. "More than anything I don't want Damian-kun to experience any inconveniences, even though it probably has a low chance of occurring, since his father is Donovan Desmond, but still... you always have to make sure, right?" She smiled brightly at the driver, making him even more nervous than before.

"Right, Desmond-sama." He diverted his full attention onto the road, trying his hardest to focus on the road, rather than the fear of his employer.

After about 10 more minutes, they reached their destination, making the man happy to have the angry and tense woman out of the vehicle.

"I will be back in 10." She said and wore her usual black cotton gloves to keep any type of dirt off of her hands, as well as any sort of DNA she might leave in his mansion as a precaution.

"Tell Swan that an important guest has arrived." She told one of the servants who were standing next to the security office.

"I am sorry Miss, but may I know who you are?" He asked, looking at her arrogantly, thinking that she was some kind of an intruder.