Chapter 1: Introduction

Aria Desmond was doing her job. She was SSS's sharpshooter. Her alias was 'The Executioner'.

The girl popped one of the pills she kept in her pocket in her mouth and started counting in reverse. Starting from ten.

Nine.

Eight.

Seven.

Six.

Five

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

She calmed down, her heartbeat slowing, due to the effect of the pill.

She counted the seconds between the intervals of her own heartbeat. Her right index finger started to slowly move in order to pull the trigger, whereas her other hand slowly tightened the grip on the sniper rifle. Predicting the next heartbeat interval, she swiftly pulled the trigger, which shot a bullet that penetrated the window and soon enough temple of the assigned target.

Aria finally stood up from the cold hard concrete floor, took apart her rifle to fit it in her brown suitcase. She brushed the remaining dust off of her three piece grey suit and proceeded to head to the emergency exit. She slowly, but steadily descended down the stairs and was distracted by her own thoughts. She started wondering if Damien had his dinner or not. She thought about her upcoming birthday banquet of her colleague from the MFA she had to attend and the cost of her ever rising apartment water bill. Aria lived luxuriously, since the inheritance from both her mother and father's side were hers. She also got her salary from both of her workplaces, which helped her cover all of her living expenses. The rest of the money was for show, stuff life banquets and bribes.

However, no matter how much money she had, she always had a specific purpose for it. Whether it be food, bills, taxes or work related things. The rest stayed in the bank in case of an emergency. She was extremely stingy with her expenditures.

Aria was pretty tired and decided to hit up a bar.

She was a heavy drinker. She also had a smoking habit up until a year ago, but stopped, due to her previous partner at SSS hating the smell. She patiently tried hard getting off of cigarettes and it worked eventually.

"Aria-san, good evening! The usual?" The barista asked, as she walked in and sat at her usual spot. Two seats away sat another person, but aside from that there was no one in the run down bar.

"Matari-san, good evening. Let me try something new today." She said and looked up the blackboard on the wall behind the older male.

"Bloody Mary. Let's try this one." She said and pointed at the writing with a cute smile.

"Would you like to eat something with it?"

"Pouched shrimp. Why not? And probably... that's it. Thank you very much!" She said and activated her business smile.

The barista left and she just plopped her head on the table, hitting her forehead pretty hard.

"Bad day at work?" A familiar voice could be heard from her side.

"No, just depressed beyond belief." Aria answered not looking at the person.

"I am not the one to say it, but you might want to tone down your drinking or you might die too early." He said.

"I don't really have the will to live anyways, so it isn't much of a motivation. There isn't much for me to live for, so why bother? Just existing by itself tires me out so much at this point, I don't even know if it is all worth it, you know?" She didn't exactly remember to who it was, but she guessed that it was one of the colleagues of hers by the voice and tone she was familiar with. She had her eyes closed, facing the wooden table.