Chapter 8: Obscurities

"Yuri-chan!" Aria happily skipped to the slightly taller male and grabbed his tie, pulling him a little closer to her to leave a kiss on his cheeks. She made him slightly blush at her gesture.

"Not here, Aria-sama." He looked to see, if the coast was clear of any soldiers and colleagues.

"That is the thrill, Yuri-san. Let's say... I am a little perverted, when I am with you." She said and kissed the man in front of her. Aria didn't care, as long as whatever they had didn't affect her work.

The woman simultaneously started unbuckling his belt with her right hand, while the man put his hand onto her waist, pulling the former closer to himself, inviting her into his embrace.

"I hate these uniforms... especially when you wear them. I prefer you..." The girl shamelessly said, leaving a trail on kisses along his neck. "Without anything on..." her hands wondered all over his bare waist under his dress shirt.

"The tie is in the way. Take it off." The girl mischievously looked at him in the eyes with a smirk.

Yuri's flushed face just fuelled the desire of the woman to take him then and there. He started loosening up his tie and unbuttoning some of the shirt buttons at the same time. The woman helped him get those off of him fully.

"Green suits you. A lot." Aria said and bit her index finger, enjoying the show happening in front of her. Seconds passed and she got even more aroused as the time went by.

"It suits you well too... You look very pretty in the uniform." Yuri finally uttered, looking up at her, as she already sat on her table, watching him like a hawk.

"And without it?" She egged him on.

"Even better." Yuri said and hastened his movements. He unbuttoned the top buttons of his shirt, making her hickeys be visible to her in all their glory.

"Then take them off of me yourself." She said, waiting for him to act.

Yuri came closer to her and loosened her tie, taking it off slowly, as if he was taking revenge on Aria in his own way.

"If you won't move faster right now, we won't finish in time." She said and roughly kissed him, while unzipping her pants and taking them off in a quick manner.

"Yuri-chan, I have a meeting in 30, we should hurry." She muttered in-between their kisses.

"Fine. We'll be quick."

"Open the windows please, Yuri-chan. This room smells like sex right now." Her blunt words made Yuri embarrassed a bit. He did as he was told and after about 10 minutes, left the room to get a specific file from his other superior.

"Greetings Captain! We have arrived and brought some valuable information today!" The younger girl answered happily, while the other stood there with a sour look plastered all over her face. The younger tried her hardest to soften the blow, before their captain will blow up on them for their partially failed mission. Aria wasn't known as a very forgiving person in the first place.

"Report." Was the only thing that left the mouth of the superior. Her voice cold as ice. She was greatly displeased with the older soldier's attitude, deeming it unfit for her level and experience.

"The man who escaped the last time seems to have reconnected with the other scientists. As we found out, there are only three of them left now." Naomi answered, gulping the nervousness that has accumulated in her throat.

"Shit, we could have eradicated them then and be done with their sorry asses then and there. If only someone didn't manage to fuck the whole operation up!" Aria looked furious at that point, her voice elevating after every word that escaped her mouth. She was a perfectionist, when it came to work.
"Now they will tighten the security and be more cautious. I should've gone on that mission by myself..." the captain said, her voice dripping with regret, making her bite her nails again, eyes frantically looking all over. During her entire career she has never failed a single mission, except for one. The time when she had to assassinate Twilight, the outstanding spy from the West.

"I am sorry for letting you down, Captain. I will take any punishment you bestow upon me." The younger said meekly, her head hanging down.

"You are not the one who ruined everything, Naomi. Even if you tried, Daphne wouldn't have listened to you anyways." Aria coldly answered, looking at the culprit right in her eyes. The woman's eyes were met by the brazen soldier, who seemingly didn't know her place.

"You keep making trouble for me, dear Daphne. But not anymore. I am tired of your childish behavior. I tried bearing it for Cedrick-san, since I've always had deep respect for him and I owed him my life. However, this is past my limit already. This is starting to affect the quality of your work. I gave you multiple warnings, but you seem to not care, so I will stop to do so either. Daphne, you are dismissed from service. If you have a problem with it, talk to the lieutenants. Although, you might have some trouble, since I have all of the evidence ready to be presented in that case. Thank you for your service and I am sorry for what happened to Cedrick-san, but I cannot keep lamenting over that my entire life. I will give you my parting gift. There is enough money for you to move away, start a new life somewhere else and live comfortably for one or two years, depending on how much you'll spend. Cedrick-san wouldn't have wanted you to live your life like this too, so I hope you will make the right choice." She said, leaving Daphne flabbergasted for a couple of seconds. She roughly opened the door and ran out without looking back. She rarely talked, but when she did, only spiteful comments will pour out of her vile mouth.

"Naomi-chan, give this to her and help her out a bit." Aria gave her the envelope with a small smile.

She sighed and sat in front of her interlocking her hands in front of her face, deep in thought.

"I hope I did the right thing." She muttered to herself and put her palm on her own forehead in frustration.
"Why much I suffer through this?" The superior whispered to no one in particular.

After some time, her loyal underling finally said something.
"You did the right thing. No brother would want his sister to be in this field of work." He said and gave her a bitter smile. He was curious to know, who the man was. Aria noticed his curiosity on the topic and didn't even realise how the words started to spill out of her mouth.

"Cedrick-san was my late partner. Snipers usually work in pairs, one shoots the target and the other is on the lookout. Cedrick-san watched my back, when I was assassinating people. He's dead now. He sacrificed himself for the mission." Aria said and looked at Yuri with a soulless expression written all over her face. Yuri kind of understood, what kind of a pain she went through. He knew how she was grieving the death of a close friend and a loved one.

"Don't you ever dare to disappear from me like that, Yuri-chan. Or I will be furious and no one knows what I might do." She unexpectedly to him said, standing next to the window and looking out of it in daze.

Yuri was very confused. She seemed to look very distraught at the idea of losing him.
"Aria-sama, do you perhaps like me?" He asked curiously. More like blurted out without noticing.

"I like sleeping with you for sure. You are pleasant to look at, but liking someone? I don't know. But it's true that I do feel comfortable around you though." The woman knew that she couldn't give him a definite answer yet, stumbling over her own words, trying to desperately think of possibilities and excuses.

"What about you, Yuri-kun?" She got curious too, looking at his direction, she asked.

"I have never experienced anything like that yet too. The only person I have ever loved was my family and now, the only one that's left is my sister. I don't know if I like you as much as my sister, but I am definitely interested in you." The man answered honestly, caressing his chin with his thumb and index finger. That made the woman blush a little bit.

"The love between siblings and partners are different, Yuri-kun." She said and smiled warmly at him. Her hand crept up his face, as soon as she got close enough to him. Her fingers smoothed over his cheek, before her lips lightly touched them. As she moved away, she dismissed him and went back to her work for the day, her mind clouded with useless thoughts.