Chapter 10 - Trouble

Chapter 10

Trouble

"We shouldn't have tolerated them. We should have left when Adrian arrived. Oh Lia! We're done!" pagpa-panic ni Faye habang naglalakad siya pauli-uli sa harapan ko.

I just looked down and closed my eyes.

This is all my fault. Faye couldn't leave because I wanted to stay. I'm aware that what we were doing was wrong and yet, I was too curious so I didn't say anything.

Now we're all waiting for our turn to talk to the guidance counselor.

"I'm sure it'll be fine---" Alice was going to comfort Faye when my bestfriend suddenly cried.

"No, it will not be fine. It'll never be fine."

"I'm sorry. I was the one who pulled you two into this mess."

"Hindi naman siguro tayo masu-suspend. Baka paglinisan lang tayo ng hallway," Adrian added.

It's not about the punishment that we're worried about. Faye and I are scared that the school may report this to my Dad. If that happens, within the week, they'll have me back in Costa Vira. I will no longer be able to experience new things. I will be stuck inside the palace and worst, they might forbid Faye to see again.

The palace will not be happy about this.

"Faye..." worried na sambit ni Alice. She sounded so regretful.

The door from the office suddenly opened and we all stood up to see what happened to Rohan.

Ano kayang parusa ang sinabi sa kanya?

He didn't look at us. Umupo lang siya sa empty chair sa tabi ni Adrian at may tinext.

"Lia Martinez," tawag nang guidance counselor. I couldn't meet her eyes so I just walked inside her room. I am so ashamed of what I did.

"Take a sit," she told me. Umupo na ako at tinitigan lang ang pangalan sa may table.

'Ms. Elisabeth.'

"You can call me whatever you want. Elisabeth, Ms. Beth, Ma'am, Madam, whatever you choose, I don't mind."

I bit my bottom lip and didn't say a word. I'm not even nervous about anything anymore. I already know the end result.

"Can you tell me what happened?" She started to ask.

"I'm sure you've heard it from Rohan."

"I wanna hear it from you."

I sighed. "Alice wanted to celebrate since the exams are finally over. She pulled me and Faye at the rooftop and told her boyfriend to join us. Rohan arrived before Adrian and then the party started. I know what we did was wrong and I'm sorry."

She stared at me then she smiled. "Are you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Are you really sorry?"

I looked away. Wala namang mawawala kung magsasabi ako ng totoo. Kahit anong parusang gawin niya, mas grabe pa rin ang magiging parusa ko bilang isang myembro ng Royal family.