Chapter 17

The morning sun was harsh on Steve's sleeping face, he slowly opened his eyes and he started to spread his hands on the bed searching for Ash, but he was no where to be found. Steve quickly jolted from the bed as a rushing pain hit him, his whole body was sore and bruised, his throat felt dry from crying. He sat up on the bed while resting his back on the bed stand, he brought his knees up and rested his head on them. Steve started to silently sob, he raised his face to look up when he noticed a dirtied and crumbled envelope under the coffee table, he went to pick it up and was curious about it, so he opened it to reveal it contents.

* Let's start our relationship over *

was nicely printed on a card with a ring in the envelope. Ash started to cry bitterly and loudly, he held tight his crushing heart.

* He wanted to start over with me, He wanted to love me back, he wanted to be with me!!! *

he said between his sobs. Mom has finally ruined me to the extent that I don't even know how to get him back again. His breathing was hitching and he kept wailing that all the servants were outside his door sympathising with him. He felt broken than he ever did.

* Ha ha ha .... hahaha .... ha .... *

Steve started to laugh and sob more, he tore the envelope with it's contents into pieces. The butler quickly rushed into the room worrying that Steve might harm himself with how emotional he was,

* Young Master, what's wrong with you? *

the butler worriedly asked.

* What are you laughing about?, please don't scare us, should I call the Boss? *

Steve quickly cut him off and stood up,

* No ... no ... don't *

he threw the pieces of papers flying in the room.

* I'm laughing at myself!!, I'm laughing at my crappy life that has been forsaken by the heavens!!!! *

* Young Master? *

the butler worriedly called out to him.

* We're just not meant to be *

he climbed up the bed and curled himself up. The butler quietly exited the room, not before Steve asked him to have a shot of tequila sent to him. The butler nodded and walked away giving him some space.

Ash returned back from work that evening and the butler informed him of what happen, he rushed to Steve's room and stood behind the door, he wanted to go in and comfort Steve, but his ego and pride wouldn't allow him to. He was still angry at Steve and he didn't know whether to trust him or not. His heart and body yearned for Steve's touch, but his mind and thoughts were on high alert. He budge into the room and was shocked to see the state of the room, Steve's room was so messy with him laying like a corpse on the cold floor on a drunk state. Steve jolted and sat when he noticed Ash's presence,

* Ash you're back?, I ~ I didn't run last night, but when I woke up you were gone *

he forced a smile on his face with teary eyes.

Ash felt annoyed at how he was,

* You think doing this to yourself will make me sympathise with you?!!, You're just a slut who will do anything for his selfish mother, and now you're plotting to take the company too? Haven't my dad given you enough?! Haven't I given your mother just enough?!!! *

Ash grabbed Steve's collar,

* Let go of me you bastard!!!, I don't even have a place to call home or people to call family!!!, Both of you are ruining my life!!! Ash you're such an idiotic jerk *

he started to break down into tears, he had been crying non-stop the whole day and he just couldn't seem to put a stop to it. Ash coldly glared at him,

* What are you fussing about?!!, I was starting to trust you and treat you better, yet you went on to plot against me!! *

His anger which he was trying hard to contain threatened to burst out again. Steve's tears continued dripping down from his eyes,

* But I really didn't agree to what mom wanted, that's why Zack hurt me. I've always been on your side, why can't you see that?!! You're always fierce and cold to me, you don't even see my efforts to you!!! I'm even sure you don't know my birthday. The only person who has ever treated me well was your dad, and now he has left the world. Not even my mom remembers my birthday!!!! *

Steve sat back on the floor and he started to sob loudly clenching his chest.

Ash's cold gaze which he had on him earlier began to softened and he looked down at Steve. His thoughts started to run wild,

* truly Steve has inherited a lot from my dad, but he has never made use of them. This mansion is in both our names and if he really was after the properties just like his mom, he'd have requested his shares from it. I'm I really being wrong by assuming he is the same as his mom? Then why did he agree to the arrange marriage after his mom talked to him in private?!!! *

Ash started to calm down and started to feel guilty, truly Steve hasn't really do e anything wrong, but just because he was birthed by that selfish woman made Ash think bad of him.

* I didn't care at first, but I have to properly investigate this matter before accusing him *

he thought and sat down beside Steve.

* Tell me your birthday. I'll celebrate it with you this year, okay? *

he whispered softly to Steve.

* I really will appreciate it if someone was to wish me a Happy Birthday ... I really want to experience cutting a birthday cake with you. You're always buying presents worth 3,000 dollars for your escorts. Can you just buy a cake for me too? I won't be greedy. I'll really be happy with a cake worth 30 dollars *

Ash was shocked to hear such from Steve, Steve has never complained about that, he has never asked spoiled but now it was as if he was pouring out his heart contents.

* I used to think that he did not need any attention *

Ash thought. Steve slowly crawled to Ash and held his hands in his,

* You're so nice to your escorts and gift then with so many things. I always treated you well so why are you generous to them and stingy with me? You've never gifted me a present before. No one cares about me, not you, not mom. But that doesn't mean you have to bully me so badly *

Ash felt very guilty, he really had been bullying poor Steve a lot, he has always treated him with hate,

* Why didn't you tell me you were so unhappy? *

his response made Steve glared at him,

* Are you serious?, ~ hic ~ can't you see that for yourself?!! And why should I be the one to tell you?! It's not like you even like me!!!! *

Steve frustratedly yelled at him.

* I want to leave to somewhere far where both you and my mom won't be able to find me. You won't be able to buy me a 30 dollars cake even if you wanted to *

Steve said to Ash as exhaustion started to take over him. Ash didn't take Steve serious when he said he wanted to leave as he started he saying that because he was exhausted and drunk, he smiled at him and caressed his cheeks.

* I promise to celebrate your birthday this year with you *

Ash whispered into his ears and carried him to the bed. He gently placed Steve on the bed and covered him with the blanket.

* You're all treating me terribly and mom is just using me. No one wants me, it'll be best if I just go away. Why does everyone have people to call family and I don't? I really miss your dad so much. What did I do wrong? *

Steve yawned as his eye lids started to close.

* You haven't done anything wrong *

Ash gently kissed on the lips and walked out of the room leaving sleeping Steve.