Chapter 12

Kyle led the goth to his car, opening the door for him. He then made his way to the driver's seat, hopping in the car and shut the door.

"Have ya ever gone on a car ride like this?" The Jerseyite gives a trademark grin, putting his car into reverse and looks behind him to watch for traffic.

"No, I haven't really rode in a car with anyone else. Just heading west with a plan I don't have, and a car I can't afford...," Raven huffs. "Just me, and my music, and the road," He thinks about the memory.

Motionless In White had helped the goth a lot throughout his life. The lyrics always seemed to relate to him, and they were nearly enough to make him cry at times. It was love at first sight, he and that band.

He never in a million years thought that he'd end up with someone like the Jerseyite. He was the exact opposite of crushes that Raven had in the past. He was an addict for dramatics, black hair, and pale skin. Qualities that the redhead did not possess. Not even one.

But he found himself to love Kyley nonetheless.

"Music has had to be everyone's best friend at some point, yeah? Don't worry, baby. I've been there too, trust me. Right after my parents cut me off," Kyle huffed as he slowed the car in front of a stoplight.

"Your parents cut you off?" Raven asks with a deep frown upon his face.

"Yeah. I was bein' too stupid for 'em, I guess...," He frowns upon thinking about it. "I've mended things a little with em, though. I still love em to death. I understand why they'd do something like that. If I had a son that lived the lifestyle that I did, I'd probably do that too," He frowns, pressing his foot against the pedal to make it start again.

"What? I really hope to hell that you wouldn't!" Raven shakes his head, thinking about it. If he ever had children of his own, he would never, ever mistreat them in any form. "Kyle. We all make mistakes, okay? It's a part of life! I mean, for hell's sake, I killed my best friend, my sister, and my mother!" He confesses without thinking, then covers his mouth a moment later.

"...What do you mean you killed your best friend, your sister, and your mother?!" Kyley's jaw drops in shock after hearing what Raven had told him.

He thinks back to the scene, how he stood there with tears in his eyes while he watched the farm turn to ash. The goth pulled out a small notebook along with a pen that he had kept with him, writing down a poem that came to mind as he watched the farm collapse and the screams of his loved ones.

Burning and scorching
The farms are truly not everlasting
Like I had once been told
The power I behold
Is played out right before my eyes.

"...I hated the damn farm that I lived on. It only made people sick and brought them synthetic joy. I couldn't take it anymore, so I covered the farm with gasoline and dropped a match on it," He sniffles. "My sister was locked in the farm without my knowledge, as well as my mother. I had no idea that they were in there. I remember their cries, screaming my name as they searched for me. It hurt to know that I was a murderer that day. That I killed the ones that I loved out of pure selfishness. My heart sank down to my chest, much like a tarnished rock thrown into the sea. It began to feel constant pain surround it, as if thousands of tiny little shanks were pulling at my heartstrings. I lost and broke my heart that day. I really did," He tries to hold back tears, but a few still manage to roll down his cheeks anyway.

"...Damn," Kyley cringes at the story, biting his lower lip as he imagines himself in the situation. He then realized how lucky he was to still have his family alive at all, unlike his lover. "I'm sorry that you had to go through that, babe. But it's not your fault. You aren't a murderer because you were only trying to help the lives of those to which the farm granted misery," The Jerseyite's vocabulary seemed to have expanded ever since he had been in a relationship with the goth.

"I guess. But even then, I feel terrible. They did not deserve any of that. I caused myself the upmost pain and suffering that day... And it was to stay that way for the rest of my life. I started smoking after that because I wished to feel pain and sorrow. So that I could repay them for what I did by destroying myself," He sniffles.

"...Raven, that's never the way to go. Your mother and sister wouldn't want that for you at all," Kyle shakes his head, huffing as he pulls into some random parking lot for the meanwhile. "If it was an accident, I'm sure that they understand. They will love you forever, even if you don't think that they will. That's how families are, babe," He wraps an arm around Raven's waist, bringing him into his lap and holds him tight.

"Yeah... Maybe you're right. It just hurts me to know that I will never get them back," He shakes his head, his longer earring swaying with him.

"...Well, you know what I'm afraid that I won't ever get back?" Kyle asks with a smirk upon his lips.

"...What?" Raven questions with a sniffle.

"Your beautiful smile!" The Jerseyite closes his eyes before he starts kissing the side of Raven's head repeatedly, eventually moving to the goth's cheek and neck.

"H-Hey, stop that! Haha...!" The goth laughs, finding joy form in his heart from the Jerseyite. Kyle always knew how to make him feel better.

"Nope! Not until I see more of that beautiful smile!" He laughs before eventually pressing a kiss to his lover's lips.

The two were to hold that moment in their hearts for all of eternity.