Chapter 2

He had barely caught the train by the time it took off. He then realized he didn't take anything else with him, save for a black lipstick and eyeliner pen, a few packs of cigarettes, a lighter, his phone, wired earbuds, and of course, his wallet. He sighed as he took a seat down on the train, turning his head to get his final look at South Park.

It didn't make him sad that he was leaving it. In fact, it caused him to smile. He went through Hell and back there. Why would he be sad about seeing it go? The ravenette removed his phone from his pocket as well as his headphones. Both were cheap, but they got him around. He plugged his earbuds into his phone, shuffling his favorite playlist.

It consisted of rock bands such as Korn, Motionless In White, Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, Nirvana, Ice Nine Kills, etc. He loved songs from all of them. The lyrics spoke to him and he always felt as if the songs written were made for him and him alone.

The rest of the train ride would remain this way. He wasn't sure how long it was going to take, but he rested his head against the glass window and closed his eyes, hoping to catch some sleep. Sleep was always difficult for him to achieve from how stressful he believed his life to be. But the goth still pushed through because somewhere hidden deep under the broken and sharp shatters of his heart, was hope.

Hope that something or something would be there to take his pain away from him.

To hold him in their arms and tell him that he was going to be okay.

This is what he wanted.

He noticed some people were pointing and laughing, or even whispering at him. He exhaled a deep sigh, crossing his legs and tried to ignore it. It hurt his feelings but he didn't want to admit that.

And in that moment...

His eyes went wide as he felt a sharp pain emit from his lungs. He couldn't breathe in. Every time he attempted to, it stung. He grimaced as he tried to fight the pain, not wanting to make a fool of himself.

He moved as quickly as he could to the train's bathroom, slamming the door behind him and looked at himself in the mirror.

Tears rolled down the goth's cheeks from the amount of pain that he felt in his lungs, closing his eyes tightly while grimacing. He sat against the wall, hoping for it to go away.

This pain had started just around the time he turned 18 years old. But it had gotten worse and worse over time. He couldn't afford a visit to the doctor so he just had to ignore it.

But he feared it. He didn't wish for it to get worse like this. It caused him an insufferable amount of pain that prevented him from being able to breathe properly.

He turned his music up louder and placed his head in his knees, trying to distract himself from the pain. This continued for about the next 5 minutes.

It hadn't ever gone on for that long before.

He slowly rose up from the ground, sniffling as he wiped his tears away.

The goth returned back to his seat, leaning up against the window once again. He really did not know where this train was going, but the people boarding it didn't seem to be the nicest out there. Why?

Stan took this time to think of his future and the possibilities. He could either have his whole life turned around, or... It could get worse. He really didn't know but he hoped and prayed that it wouldn't worsen.

He would reapply his makeup every now and then, wanting his appearance to stay consistent. This included his eyeliner and classic black lipstick, of course. People stared at him every time he did this but he really didn't give a damn. If it made him happy, it gave him the excuse to do it. He liked being goth and it was one of the biggest joys of his life, ironically.

He wanted to forget about everything that happened previously in his life, so he wouldn't tell people that his name was Stan.

It was always Raven, a name his childhood friends gave him. When somebody asked his name, that is what he would respond with. The boy was secretive like that.

He eventually had to stop listening to music because his phone battery was running low and the black haired boy had forgotten to take a charger with him. All he had on his mind that day was that he wanted to leave South Park and find a new life somewhere else where it wouldn't follow him.

And this took days. 60 hours worth of waiting. He felt pain in his lungs at random times throughout every day and had to sleep on the seat. It was unsanitary and made him cringe, but it was all that he had to work with. He would often get woken up by the employees, and on about the third day...

"Raven?" A woman shook the goth, trying to awaken him from his sleep.

"Mmm...," He rubbed his eyes, rising up slowly from the seat. "Yeah...?" He questioned, stretching.

"The train has made its stop. You are welcome to leave now!" The woman smiles.

"...Wait, what?" Raven narrows his eyes, his jaw dropping. "...Where exactly are we?" He scratched his cheek, looking outside of the window.

Everyone looks... Trashy to put it lightly. Women with dark fake tans and bleached blonde hair, wearing somewhat revealing clothing along with gold chains and multiple bracelets. Men with the same tacky tan and large muscles, wearing the same type of jewelry.

These people and Raven couldn't be more different. He was so confused at what he saw, gasping as he looked out the window.

"Well... You're in New Jersey!" She smiled, pushing him near the doors. "Off you go now!"

"New Jersey?! Hey, wait! I-!" And with that, he was pushed onto the streets of New Jersey while everyone else looked at him and gasped.

"What kind of punk is that?!" A tall man growled, cracking his knuckles. "I'm going to show him that his kind isn't welcome here in Jersey! Stupid little goth bitch, why don't you go cry some more?!" He approached Raven, shoving him roughly onto the sidewalk.

Raven grimaced, coughing roughly as he winced. He was much smaller than the man who just shoved him, causing him to take a rougher hit. 

"Hey!" Another voice calls out with narrowed, vermillion eyes. "Leave 'em the hell alone! Who do you think you are, ya filthy bastard?!" A tall man with bright red hair comes to the scene, shoving the other Jerseyite aside. "Touch him and I will kick your ass so far into the future, you won't even be able to feel the amount of pain I have in store for you!" He growls lowly.

"Kyley...?! Agh!" And with that, the taller man scampered away.

And for once... Someone showed that they cared for Raven.

"Hey... You alright?" The redhead questioned, approaching Raven and extended a hand out for him to grab.