Chapter 25: We Meet Again

The Name on the barrel began to glow as it was aimed at the prisoner's face. Percy breath heavily, the smoke seething from him as the others just looked in surprise.

The glowing name on the barrel reads Dr. Ripley, the plague mask that covered Percy's face. Concealing the boiling anger as he remembers that night.

The two bolts were fired into his mother's neck in front of him.

The sword stabbed through his father's chest as Ripley stood just behind him.

The arrows fired into his sister's back, and the woman on horseback fired her arrow after them.

~Years ago...~

She stood in the chamber with the young Prince tied to a chair, shirtless "Don't play dumb. It won't end well for you." she turns back and looks at the beaten-up prince.

The Briarwoods stood before them as they were waiting for the needed information. "Just tell us how to access the secret under Whitestone, and this will all end." the woman said as she strode behind the prince.

"Please. I told you. I don't know what you're talking about." Percy begs them. But the woman behind him chuckles as she leans in close to him, "I do love it when they hold out." she spoke and drags the claw down his chest, making Percy scream out in pain as the hook tore open his chest.

He screams in agony as the woman behind him grins evilly as the hook catches the side of his neck. "Sadly, that may leave a scar," he informs him.

He coughs, hanging his head forward as the woman flicks the blood from the hook. "I'll need his sister." she request and with a wave of her hand, Cassandra's chair was scooting in front of him, she lets out muffled shouts as her mouth was tied shut.

And the tears of fear streaming down her cheeks, Percy gasps as he looks up at his sister. As Delilah waves her hand once more and pulls Cassandra to her feet before him and Sylas places his hand on her shoulder.

The woman then step in front of him, "Let's try again." she spoke and turned, grinning down at him.

~Present Day...~

The very same Person that stood before them, locked in a cage with his barrel right in their face. But she just closes her eyes and waited for the end.

"Doctor..." he growls, his finger tightens. "What is that thing?" Kyria mutters, Jason shot a look down at her.

She raises her finger and points at the Prince, "That things clouding over him, like a plague. What is that?" she mutters. Jason looks back at the prince, only seeing the smoke seething off him. "Percy, wait!" Keyleth cries out.

A shot rang out, and the woman inside the cell flutters her eyes open seeing the young Princess standing in front of him the shot was directed to the wall of the cell.

Percy blinks in surprise, seeing his own sister stopping him from killing the doctor just inside.

"Percy, what are you doing?! She's unarmed!" Keyleth questions him as they were all staring at the black smoke. The woman props herself up, exhaling to herself. "So was my family." Percy shot back.

Cassandra steps into his view, "Percy, she may have something we can use." she informs, shooting a look back at the doctor in the cell.

Then back to her brother. "They kept her alive for a reason," she spoke as Percy remained frozen in his place. "Um. Mind telling us who the hell this is?" Vex questions.