Chapter 8.5: Fight with Blood or With Regrets

Kanao was still healing Zenitsu but he spoke gently to Kanao. He told her whether Tanjiro has a thought of fighting Tomioka- san, he told Kanao about it whether Tanjiro will fight Tomioka even if he will be covered in blood and scars from the battle or fight with the regrets he has done in the past two years. Kanao stayed silent and listened to what Zenitsu said and she spoke after he was done talking.

"It was Tanjiro's decision to let go of Giyuu because of what he did in the past two years, of course he would feel the regrets he had." She said calmly. "But... I could understand him, he just wanted to protect him as I would protect my sisters before but in the end my sisters died but that doesn't mean I couldn't stop protecting the people I loved and cared for."

"Tanjiro is a strong person and I know that he will overcome this regret soon or later." She said as she finished bandaging up Zenitsu.

"No matter how much he might regret it but we are here to stay by his side no matter what." Zenitsu stands up and helps Kanao up. "Now let's give them a hand shall we?" 

Kanao and Zenitsu prepared their swords and they both used their 2nd breathing and each one of them attacked Uzui and Giyuu. Zenitsu went towards to attack Uzui while Kanao attacked Giyuu, he didn't notice that Kanao is right behind him so Kanao sliced Giyuu's arm and landed behind Tanjiro and Inosuke. Giyuu stopped fighting because of his arm being cut right off there.

"Haha, It seems like I let my guard down there for a bit. I didn't even realise that you were right behind me." Giyuu grinned. "But alas it seems like we have to go now, but we will be back to continue this battle."

Giyuu and Uzui took off since they will be back to the town. The Kamaboko squad decided to stay in town, as the 2 uppermoon demons left them. They went silent but the rest of the Kamaboko team knew what Tanjiro was feeling so they decided to give him space for a bit. Kanao told the crow to send the message back to the Demon Slayer HQ.

Tanjiro's POV

The regrets I'm feeling right now hurt. I couldn't say a word to him, all I could do was just stand there and do nothing but to fight him. I want to change back time but you couldn't because it was impossible, I felt like tears falling down my face.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry...Tomioka-san"

I fell to the ground with tears in my eyes, I let out a cry of pain, regrets and sadness. I don't want Giyuu to hate me or even despise me.. My heart hurts from hearing those words from his mouth and that I don't want to continue my duties as a Hashira because it pains my heart to know that he hates me. It wasn't his fault but rather it was the demon king..

I still kept the promise I made to them and I will still fulfil that promise and that is to turn them back into humans and end the demon king once and for all.

"I promise Tomioka-san..I'll find a way to retrieve your memories and make sure that you will be turned into a human very soon."

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Hello Readers! I won't update this fanfic for the time being because due to I am having my exams within feb 6,7 & 8 not only that but I'll be working on other fanfics and taking a break. I might upload chapter 9 next month (probably-) I hope to see more readers enjoy this fanfic because we are further away in completing this whole fanfic which is over 45% done. That's all!

- Author <3