20 - Godspell and Crimson

(As i said, most of Arts speech will stay relatively the same, besides the end so it'll be skipped.)

I stepped foot out into the balcony, the morning sun shone brightly overhead, covering the world below in a blanket of light. As my eyes adjusted, I couldn't help but marvel at the sight.

The millions of people—humans, elves, and dwarves alike—gathered together, as if touching the horizon. Clustered tightly, hoping to just be inches closer to their continent's leaders. An air of excitement, respect and jubilance could be felt all the way up here.

"What?" Virion smirked. "Never had a crowd of over a million people cheer for you?"

Art shook his head with a helpless smile on his face, "Was this your idea?" he asked.

"Why? Are you guys angry?" Virion turned to the crowd, nudging me forward so the people below could get a better view of me.

"If it was anyone other than you? Yes. Can't speak for Caera though." he replied.

A small giggle escaped my lips, as I gave them both a genuine smile. "This is honestly just crazy to me... I'm a bit nervous, but i'm also excited?"

"Good. Now keep smiling and wave at them. They can see you on a wide-scale projection behind us." Virion said.

The thundering cheers slowly softened to a buzz of excitement as everyone except Virion, Art, and I stepped back toward the back of the balcony. "Now. You both wouldn't happen to have speeches ready for the upcoming war, right?"

"You're kidding me, right?" I struggled to maintain my bright smile.

Art turned towards me, his body slightly shaking in rhythm with the laughs escaping his body.

"Y-You should see how pissed you look." he stammered between laughs.

"Haha. Very funny..." My sarcastic response was more than enough for him to stiffen up and change his attitude.

After he calmed down, he walked up to me and put his hands in my shoulders. He angled his head down slightly, and his bright purple eyes gazed into my own. "Yeah... You'll be fine. I can see it in your eyes. You will know what to say," he looked around, making sure nobody would pay attention to his next words, "even though you aren't from here, you'll know the right words."

I felt my face heat up, as my heart-rate rose a little. Not being able to formulate any words, all I could do was nod my head.

'I wish I was good at handling tough situations... Scythe Seris and Art are great at dealing with them...'

"I want you two to be the ones presenting the announcement," Virion said, his voice unwavering as he handed Art the voice amplifying artifact he had clipped onto his collar, and another amp to me, which he had seemingly got out of nowhere.

"I really should've prepared for this day..." I mumbled.

____________________________________

(cont. from the end of Art's speech)

-But I dare not speak for everyone in this continent. The only thing I can say with full confidence is that, if given the chance, every one of us up here will fight to our last breaths to protect this continent from the likes of those who dare invade us."

He paused for a moment, then looked at me, and then back at the crowd.

"I'm not the only one who'll be risking my life out there as if this day. I've said what i've needed to say."

Knowing that it was my queue, I took unsteady strides, my nervousness getting the better of me.

When I had reached where Arthur was standing, I could see why his speech was so easy. The faces of the crowd were much clearer.