XIII

₊‧ ִ ۫ ⁎ . 🌃 . ⋆ ࣪.

★ ૮₍ ≧ . ≦ ₎ა DREAMY NIGHTS !!

Melody and foolish sat in his backyard, the glow of the fire hitting their faces, the girl's orange hair looking brighter, her brown eyes lighter and her cheeks flushed from the warmth.

after laser tag the pair had gone out to eat then went back to foolishes were the boy said he couldn't start a little fire in the fire pit to roast marshmallows if she wanted to which she agreed quickly.

the atmosphere was soft and light after the kiss– both of them knowing it was long awaited after the beach fiasco. however melody hadn't confessed her feelings out loud. sure a kiss could interpret what she had been feeling but she wanted to put it into words just as he did.

melodys brown eyes focused on the marshmallow that turned a golden brown from the heat, after deciding it was done enough she brought it up to her mouth biting down on the gooey warm sweet treat.

she glanced over at foolish whose marshmallow was burnt to a crisp causing the girl to giggle. at the soft sound of her giggle breaking the silence the two had formed foolish turned to look at her a goofy grin on his face.

"is my burnt marshmallow that amusing to you?" he joked pushing the crispy marshmallow over at melody and dodged it while laughing. "it is." she smiled at him, causing foolish to smile back.

the pair fell silent, eyes locked on each others. the only sound being the fire sparking, and the owls hooting from the distance. melody inhaled a deep breath feeling the cold air hit her lungs.

the smell of burning fire and sweet marshmallows filling her senses as she looked into the boy's soft brown eyes. feeling nervous she looked at the fire feeling his eyes locked on her figure– almost as if she was painting or movie that he couldn't look away from.

"so about the kiss..." her voice wavered slightly, making her close her eyes, her nose scrunching up in repulse at her own voice. "what about it?" unlike her foolishes voice was full of confidence, as if he was waiting for her to bring it up.

melody opened her eyes watching the orange flames dance around each other. "was it okay? i mean like was it okay for me to kiss you?" her brown eyes looked over at his figure.

he was slightly hunched over in the fold up chair, messing with the burnt marshmallow in one hand while the other twitched on his thigh. his eyes watched the marshmallow closely, his lips in a straight line.

he looked like a statue sculpted by a woman who only had a god-like man in mind. the way his brown hair moved around when the cold breeze would bounce against it. the way the flames flickered in his brown eyes.

he looked so ethereal to melody. "why wouldn't it have been? i mean i already told you i liked you, and that i wanted to kiss you. so yeah it was okay." his eyes moved over to the girl's face watching her closely.

foolish watched as her cheeks turned a darker pink, her nose twitch almost like a bunny, her lips tugging up slightly, and her eyes searching his face for any discomfort or lies.

ones that she wouldn't be able to find, foolish was completely comfortable with the conversation. in fact he was hoping she'd bring it up before she'd eventually go back to california.