XI

₊‧ ִ ۫ ⁎ . 🌃 . ⋆ ࣪.

★ ૮₍ ≧ . ≦ ₎ა DREAMY NIGHTS !!

"fuck." melody sat up reaching around her bed, why had she woken up? was her mind running too fast on fumes from hearing his confession that it woke her up? why was this her luck?

running her soft hand through her tangled orange hair the girl groaned loudly before plopping back onto her pillow staring up at the ceiling. was it just her mind or was her ceiling mocking her? maybe she was going crazy.

a ding from her phone had melody scurrying over to it and grabbing it from her nightstand. it was five am, way too early for her on her day off. reading the text a small smile formed on her face.

'call later?' a simple question from the only person she wanted to talk to, her dream boy. she quickly sent him a 'yes.' before shutting her phone off and clutching it to her chest.

this was perfect– she'd get to talk to him over the phone and say whatever she was going to say in the dream, without interruptions. melody squealed covering her face with her hands as she felt her cheeks heat up.

but wait, what was she going to say? i mean , did she really like him back the same way he did her? melody frowned, her brows furrowed and her forehead pinched. of course it was nice to be around him, his face was pretty to look at.

the way hed smile at her and almost anything, the way his brown eyes held a soft gaze when he watched her talk, or sometimes the way his eyes looked so empty like he was clueless.

the way his long brown hair effortlessly fell in front of his eyes and the way he pushed it back every few minutes just for it to fall back. the way he always made her heart rate speed up.

the lump she felt in her throat whenever she wanted to say something to him, the way he made her feel safe and protected when she first started seeing him in her dreams. the way he almost kissed her at the beach causing her to feel as if she was sinking into the sand.

melody sat up eyes wide and mouth agape. "holy shit i like foolish! holy fuck!" her voice full of excitement, rushing out of her room and across the hall to the shut door of her roommates– she had to share what she just learned.

barging into the sleeping girls room melody jumped on her friend's bed– mary who was sleeping peacefully dreaming of her favorite tv show, abruptly woke up to her bed bouncing.

"mary! you won't believe what i just figured out!" melody shook her best friend's shoulders making the girl groan and turn over on her side to glare at melody through half lidded eyes.

melody smiled brightly at mary, her teeth shining in the dark room, the only light being the glow from the pc and the sunrise peeking from the beige curtains. "lemme guess, she finally realized you love dream boy?"

marys voice came out deep and raspy full of sleep. the gingers eyes widened as she gasped at her tired friend. was it that obvious she liked foolish? did everyone but her know her true feelings?

"was i that obvious?" mary hummed snuggling deeper into her comforter making melody take the hint and lay down in the bed causing mary to rest her head on the ginger's shoulder.

a yawn left the duo's mouths one after the other making them chuckle. "yeah, i mean you looked at him like he was a star when you met him in person– and the way you talked about him..."

melody ran her fingers through her friends tangled knots feeling marys head relax deeper on her shoulder. "m'so happy for you mel... hope you last long" was all mary muttered before falling asleep.

her soft breaths hitting melodys sensitive neck causing the ginger to giggle at the tickly feeling. "me too.." melody yawned before closing her eyes feeling her subconscious wander off. "me too..."

a few hours had passed, the once rising sun shining brightly into the room causing the duo to shuffle awake. "you need blackout curtains.." melody murmured, causing mary to groan and open her eyes.

the pair sat up rubbing their sleep crusted eyes. "yeah i know, did you really fall back asleep in my room?" mary raised a brow causing melody to smile and shrug, "your beds comfier.." the duo chuckled as they stretched getting out of the bed.

"what time is it?" melody questioned standing up straight and rubbing her face, "noon. you work today?" the ginger shook her head no taking her leave, walking into her room she grabbed her phone seeing a missed call from foolish.

yelping, the girl quickly called him back, her hands shaking slightly from anxiety. what if he had changed his mind about his feelings? that would definitely suck. the girl didn't get much time to prepare herself before his voice echoed in her ears.

"melody?" his tone was cheerful, as if he had been waiting like a child waiting for candy for her call. "yeah hey! so what'd you want to talk about?" messing with the chipped nail polish on her short nails she waited.

her breath short and jagged from nerves the more the line was silent. "can you come to north carolina next weekend?" melody stared at her wall in shock. her eyes wide and mouth dropped open.

out of everything she expected a question like that the least. "oh! ah i'm not sure i have enough–" "--i'll pay! ill buy the ticket, just give me your information." he interrupted, making melody sigh.

"that seems unfair, I can't expect you to pay for a plane ticket!" her tone was light, she didn't want to come off rude but it seemed like too much money and a hassle. "please mel, i need to see you in person again. so we can talk... just this once?"

melody bit her lip looking down at her lap, she could deny it and tell him she'd just save for a ticket and go when she could– or she could accept it and pay him back later. it would be best to see him in person and tell him her feelings.

"alright, i'll send you my information but im paying you back okay?" the relieved sigh from the boy made a goofy grin break out on the gingers face, her nose scrunching up slightly. "okay, i'll text you everything... talk to you later!" the call went silent.

melody stared at the phone screen, her lockscreen of her mary tina and brooke staring back at her. "i'm going to north carolina... MARY I'M GOING TO NORTH CAROLINA!" the girl's voice echoed in the apartment hearing her friend cheer from the bathroom, a bright smile on melodys face, she was going to see him again and this time she'd be the one confessing.