VIII

₊‧ ִ ۫ ⁎ . 🌃 . ⋆ ࣪.

★   ૮₍ ≧ . ≦ ₎ა  DREAMY NIGHTS !!

melody sat on her bed staring at the texture ceiling, a sigh leaving her lips. It had been a few months since she and foolish had exchanged numbers and the pair had talked almost everyday.

however today foolish hadn't responded to any of the girls texts making her feel nervous. maybe she had said something wrong, maybe he was bored of her. that's all the ginger girl could think about in that moment.

groaning melody sat up rubbing her eyes, it was at least three in the afternoon. the girl had debated on taking a nap and seeing if he'd be in her dream but decided against it. a knock on her door brought her out of thought.

the girl quickly moved out of the bed, opening her door to see who it was. mary stood on the other side looking down at her phone. "oh so you didn't die? could've sworn you did. anyways tina said we should come over tonight." melody blinked at her friend's words.

"why would you think i died? i was just contemplating my life decisions, you know the normal." melody said shrugging before quickly adding "and sure what time?" to make sure mary knew she was willing to leave the house.

mary hummed, turning away from the girl and towards the kitchen, the ginger girl following behind quickly like a duckling would with their mother. "around like six? we can always get some food beforehand if you want." melody sat down at the counter thinking her roommate's words over.

"i don't wanna keep tina waiting." melody answered making mary nod texting someone back on her phone. the ginger glared at her friend– she was used to mary barely paying attention but she'd never had mary so unresponsive and on her phone.

melody cleared her throat making mary sigh turning her phone off and looking up. "yes mel?" smiling, the ginger stood up walking around the counter to hug her friend. "who were you texting?" melody asked, trapping the slightly taller girl in a bear hug.

the taller girl laughed at her friend's actions, hugging her back. "no one important, was the little cry baby upset i wasn't paying attention?" mary teased making melody roll her eyes. "shut up, i'm going back to being dead. bang on my door at six." walking away melody flipped the girl off when she heard her cackling.

᧔♡᧓

around three hours later a banging was heard on melodys door, making the girl stand up from her desk and open the door. "lets go! were already late!" mary yelled as she walked away from the ginger girl making melody groan grabbing her phone and keys and rushing to follow her roommate.

after a thirty minute drive the duo arrived at tina's apartment knocking on the door. "did she say any specific reason on why we should come over? like a stream?" melody asked messing with her fingers.

mary hummed waiting for the door to open. "nope." melody glanced at mary who refused to meet her eye since they left their home. the door finally swung open tina standing there in a oversized sweater and a white skirt.

"you made it!" tina said pulling the girls into hugs and ushering them in. "i have a few other friends over." melody raised a brow glancing around the house.

there were a few people sitting in the living but she couldn't see their faces. "is brooke here?" mary asked making tina nod and drag the girls to the living room.

melody froze upon entering the living room, there on the white couch sat karl jacobs and next to him the very boy who hadn't texted her all day. "foolish?" her voice sounded so quiet and soft making the brown haired boy look up.

his brown eyes filling with excitement, "hey! sorry i didn't text you, tina and karl said it would be better to surprise you." foolish replied standing up making melody smile brightly at him.

the orange haired girl was pushing aside her anxiety about meeting the boy in person. "that's fine! wow you're taller than i thought." foolish laughed at her words grabbing her arm to walk outside to have a private talk.

"you've literally seen how tall i am in dream..." he whispered making melody shrug. "it's different when i see you in person." the two walked outside the hot air hitting their skin.

melody leaned against the railing looking out at the street watching kids walk together on the sidewalk. "why are you in la?" she spoke timidly after a few minutes of silence.

foolish glanced at the girl, the sunlight making her orange hair brighter than normal, her pale skin glowing. "work, plus it meant i could see you in person." melody looked over at foolish, a small blush coating her cheeks when she realized he was already looking at her.

his brown eyes a lighter shade due to the sun. "well i'm glad you're here." the girl said softly smiling at the boy whose face had its own soft smile. "yeah? me too."

᧔♡᧓

♥ liked by foolish_gamers and 9k othersmelodyxx look who i met ☺️15 minutes ago

melodyxx look who i met ☺️
15 minutes ago

View # of comments

foolish_gamers whose that handsome guy?

[ view all replies ]

⤷ in reply to— foolish_gamers
melodyxx i wonder 🤨 maybe karl jacobs 🥰

⤷ in reply to— melodyxx
foolish_gamers foul.

karljacobs wow! that guys good looking😍

[ view all replies ]

⤷ in reply to— karljacobs
melodyxx i need you to exit stage left 🫶🏻

tinakitten you're so pretty mel!!

[ view all replies ]

⤷ in reply to— tinakitten
melodyxx the love of my life has appeared 🫵🫴💍

⤷ in reply to— melodyxx
tinakitten i say yes! 🥰

authors note:
wow honey always uses instagram posts when they have writers block 😀 my bad guys🕺