Chapter 7

Olivia's pov:
I was shaking. My whole body felt tense and numb when I picked up the phone. I don't even know what to say, I want to prevent any arguments or problems as much as I can but that is literally impossible with Adam. He makes everything difficult.

I know that Josh is with me but it's still so hard. I've never thought of breaking up with Adam, if it ever used to cross my mind I would just ignore it. That was the easiest option, but now I've realised how intoxicating this relationship is. How could I be so clueless? I needed others to guide me through this relationship which leads up to now where I'm destined to break up with him. I don't know how I feel about it, I should be happy and thankful that this is finally happening but I'm so nervous.

I finally worked up the courage to click on Adams name and press the small telephone symbol.
I'm calling him. Now I'm waiting. Waiting. Waiting. And...

"Liv?" Adam's voice was hoarse and deep, I wasn't surprised as it's really early and he is not a morning person. His temper was the worst at this time, it clicked me then that this will definitely go horribly wrong.

I looked to my side and saw Josh's confused look, I realised that I hadn't put it on loud speaker. I quickly did so, earning a small grin on Josh's face.

"Hey babe, I need to tell you something important." I hesitantly said. It disgusted me that I still had call him babe. But that will hopefully soon change.
I flinched at the sudden touch of Josh's hand on my leg. He was trying to comfort me, I smiled at his gesture. He smiled back reassuringly. The small moment got interrupted by Adam again.

"Ok? Are you going to tell me then?" Adam's voice sounded quite irritated when he rudely questioned me. I noticed Josh's smile falter into a frown.

"Adam... we need to break up." I choked out, I don't what took over me but it just came out. I was planning on going slow and easy with this whole break up conversation but my gobby mouth ruined it. Another reason why Adam will get pissed off easily.

"Are you serious Olivia? Please tell me you're fucking lying." Adam's voice deepened as it got into a more serious tone. He seemed really pissed off. His change in tone triggered me as it brought back the past times when he used to do this. It always made me wince in fear as he gradually lowered his tone. It never ended well with me in these situations.
I gulped down the big lump in my throat that enabled me to breathe normally but it didn't work. My breaths got more heavy and irregular, same with my heart. They were both struggling to keep up with my anxiety attack.

"I-its done Adam, I can't do this anymore." I said breathlessly, I felt dazed as I heard curse words coming from the phone. It didn't affect me as this was normal for him. The hateful words eventually stopped as I saw Josh's hand reach over to me to grab the phone and end the call. I was thankful for that but my mind couldn't keep up with my surroundings. I heard words in the background as I looked around the room. My eyes met with Josh's worried eyes as he looked over at me with concern. I felt his hand trail to my back to support me, I felt another hand cup my face to check something. What was he checking?

That was the last thought that went through my mind as it then blacked out. All I saw was blackness and only felt Josh's touch. Until I was completely gone.

Joshua's pov:
I carried Olivia to my bed to let her peacefully rest. This was new to me but maybe not for Liv. The state she was in was worrying, I've never seen her have such bad anxiety. This was not Liv. She's normally strong and positive but what happened that made her so weak and sensitive.

The last few minutes were a blur to me, I saw how Liv got tired and dizzy. This happened immediately after Adam's tone flipped. It had such an affect on her. Does she have a dark past with it? I tried to think of everything which occured in her life. Of course I missed out a part of it, and for that part Adam was in it for a while. I never clicked on to how impacted Olivia's mental health would be until now, witnessing the first ever anxiety attack.

A part of me is glad that this abusive relationship is over for her, I'm proud of her. She's finally free and I get to experience that with her. It didn't end perfectly but she's finally out of it. Now I have to support her with the things that will haunt her. I don't specifically know everything which has happened with her, but I know the main, horrid things. I dread to think what else happened to her. I'm going to patiently wait for her to tell me. I don't want her to feel pressured into telling me all the details, she still needs time.

I watch her peacefully sleep like an angel. It's adorable.

Her features are perfect, everything about her is better than any other girl I've dated in my life. It's genuinely true. I'm still stunned at how I managed to date her, she's too good for me.

I soon leave the room but I quickly give a small peck on Olivia's forehead. I head to the bathroom to take a cold shower and change into a burgundy hoodie with some black trousers. I decided to head out and get some food for Liv and I. I know that she'll be hungry when she wakes up so I get some sushi. Her favourite. I make it a quick trip as I don't want to attract any paparazzi. I then make it to the apartment and enter with Olivia already up. She seemed emotionless.

"What happened?" She suddenly asked. I could already tell that she had many questions.

"You passed out after you rang Adam so I put you to bed." I replied, I immediately saw how Olivia cupped her face in her hands in embarrassment. Her face had already going red. I smiled at her cute reaction.

"Liv, it's fine. Here, I got you some sushi." I said, trying to reassure her. I placed the food next to her and sat across from her in the living room.  She had taken a shower too whilst I was gone and put on some of my other clothes. Seeing her still wear my clothes is the best feeling.

Her face was brought out of her hands as it lit up when she set her eyes on the food. She smiled sweetly, making me blush like an idiot. If that's the reaction I'm going to get when I bring her food then I would gladly do it every single day.

"Thanks Josh." She said quietly, her face was still focused on the food as she was already digging in to it. She must be really hungry.

I did the same, making us both sit in a comfortable silence. But it was soon broken.

"You know we still have a lot to talk about. There's your music, career, manager, etc." I said breaking the silence. Liv was still tucking in as she listened to me.

"I know, there's a lot to sort out but it's fine I'll get it done. You've already helped me enough." Olivia replied with.

"Ok? And I'm still going to help you for the rest of it. Do you even have anywhere to stay?" I eagerly questioned. I knew she couldn't stay at my apartment as it was too problematic right now. She needs her alone time for a bit. But I do wish that it was possible for her to stay with me.

"Well I used to share an apartment with Adam but now that we're done I'll have to stay somewhere else for the time being. But I need to get all my belongings."

"Me and you can go tomorrow to get your stuff and then you can find somewhere to stay. I don't like the idea of you going alone to your ex's apartment." I sternly said. If Adam's there, I'm there. Who knows what he could do now that they're done. It's not like they left off on good terms.

"Thanks Joshy, but I have to check with my manager to see if he's ok with it. I'll ring him tonight." Olivia said. I slowly nodded in agreement but we both know that this can also be a big problem.

"Perfect. Tonight you'll ring your manager and then tomorrow we'll sort your apartment out. " I said to double check. Olivia nodded. However, I still have a lot of things to clear up but it can wait, we have time and we need that right now.