Chapter 4

Joshua's pov:
I honestly didn't want to talk to Olivia like this but this was the only way. I had to say something to her in a private place with no media or attention.

What happened back there on the carpet was something that she or I could never ignore. Seeing a random guy touch Olivia like that was inappropriate and it disturbed me, I couldn't just do nothing and stand there like an idiot. But something which definitely set me off was how clueless and silent Olivia was in that moment, it made me feel more protective of her.

Even after all the drama and both our hearts being broken I still cared for her, she was still my past best friend and girlfriend.

I noticed how zoned out she looked, as she took in the surroundings. Her face said it all, she seemed mesmerized by the fairy lights twinkling in the night, I have to admit it was cute. She was always so fascinated by the smallest things. I grabbed her attention by making fake quiet coughs.

"Why didn't you say anything Liv?" I asked getting straight to the point, I knew she was uncomfortable as she was playing with a strand of her hair like she always used to do when we dated.

No answer

"Olivia? You know what I'm talking about so say something, I'm not going to ignore what just happened back there." I noticed how she kept looking around trying to avoid eye contact. She was standing quite far away at a distance, I kept looking at her waiting for an answer but she still wasn't saying anything. I then noticed how watery her eyes were almost on the verge of crying or having a mental breakdown. This wasn't like Olivia at all, why did it look like she was in pain?

"Olivia come here.." I waited for her to come, I didn't think she would but surprisingly she did but in a hesitant way. She stopped until she was right in front of me.

I could feel her sweet breath tickling my cheeks lightly as she was finally looking at me, but all I could see was pain, suffering, guilt and heartbreak. I hated seeing her like this, she tried to hide her pain but her eyes gave it away. I wanted to hug her and let her melt in my arms but I knew she would just resist.

"Olivia I know I'm the last person you want to talk to and I'm sorry.... for everything. I wasn't there for you for when you really needed it and I know I caused you so much pain but right now we have to try and ignore the past and talk about what happened today because I hate seeing you so vulnerable in these types of situations, we both know you don't deserve it, same with any other person but Liv you can't continue doing anything else unless you've sorted this out. I'm not letting him get away with it and I'm not letting you ignore it so easily. It's almost like you're used to it-" I immediately noticed how Olivia twitched and shifted uncomfortably when I just finished my last sentence. What the fuck was that about?

"Olivia, why did you act like that?"

"L-like what?" Her voice was shaky and hoarse as if she was just crying.
She stuttered her words as if she was nervous. Another thing she normally does when she's lying or hiding something.

"I swear to god Liv if you don't be honest with me, I'll find out myself what you're hiding because you know that I know you're lying. So tell me what you're hiding. Has someone done this before?" I should've been more gentle with that. I sounded like a dick.

Olivia's pov:
Of course he fucking knew that I was nervous, and now he's onto something. I had a feeling this was going to happen but I can't tell him, I can't.

He was still waiting for an answer, he was growing more impatient and I think he was worried. I don't know but I have to say something, I have to lie.