26

❝ i don't care how complicated this gets, i still want you ❞

"Get out of my car," Ember groaned, sending him a stern look. Adonis shifted in his seat, dramatically placing one leg over the other.

"Not until you tell me where you and Ares were the night of my party."

Ember sighed, pushing her curls out of her face, turning to face him.

"We might've hung out." Adonis stared at her, waiting for her to continue, and she huffed slightly, shoving him in the shoulder. "Okay, fine. We kissed...and more".

Adonis stayed silent, watching as her cheeks flushed, embarrassingly turning away from him. A comfortable silence fell over them before she spoke again.

"I must be pathetic. He screwed me over so many times, but one small interaction and I'm falling at his feet again". Adonis' eyebrows furrow at her confession, and he glances down at his lap.

"Relationships aren't supposed to be easy-going. It's supposed to be challenging and it's supposed to have you feeling twenty different emotions at once. But I know deep down you both care about each other."

"Look, I know Ares, and he sucks at communication. You guys just have to work out what's best for the both of you".

Ember nodded, sending him a small yet grateful smile. "I see what Thea sees in you now."

A light blush dusted his cheeks, and he cleared his throat, reaching for the door handle.

He closed the door behind him with a soft thud heading towards his group of friends. They huddled together in a small group, Asher's chin on Leon's shoulder as he hugged him from behind. Thea and Ares spoke in hushed voices, soft laughter bubbling from their conversation calming his nerves.

As he joined them, Thea sent him a small smile, eyes wide and blushing. Since their night together, she had been jumpier around him, blushing at the smallest type of physical contact.

Sidling up to her, he placed an arm around her waist, placing a quick kiss on top of her forehead.

"You look beautiful, baby," he murmured in her ear, pleased with how her cheeks warmed.

"T-thank you." Adonis smiled and left her warm embrace, heading to his car.

The group was preparing for their weekend away at Ember's fathers' cabin. Light smiles were thrown around, and Adonis knew this was what they needed before things got hectic again.

His eyebrows furrowed, remembering the offer which sat open in his Gmail. He knew he needed to tell Thea, but Adonis wasn't sure how she'd react knowing that he had received an offer to Birmingham. 2 hours away from her.

He pushed the thought away, forcing himself to stay in the moment and enjoy his time with friends. A hand circled his shoulders, and he jumped, sending Leon a slight huff.

"You okay?". Adonis hummed in approval avoiding his eyes.

"It's gonna be okay," Leon assured, pulling him into a hug. Adonis pulled his bottom lip into his mouth before circling his hands around his waist. Leon knew not to push, that he'd tell him when he was comfortable, and resorted to whispering encouraging words into his ear.

Meanwhile, Ember gave Thea an extremely detailed version of what she and Ares had gotten down to.

"Em, I don't need to know how good my brother is with his hands," Thea mumbled, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Ember mumbled a quick sorry, eyes flitting over to Ares. He was dressed in a pair of cargo's, a grey jumper paired with a puffer on his top half. A black beanie sat on his head, his hair peeking from the sides and Ember wanted nothing more than to kiss him.