18

triggering themes ahead.

❝ truth is, i miss you. ❞

Thea laughed, her gaze flicking up to Adonis to find him staring at her, eyes burning through where her skirt had risen. She clenched her thighs, slightly glaring at him.

He lifted his eyes, sending her a sultry smirk that had her melting in her seat. The pair had driven to Asher's to drop Onyx off, him claiming he had missed Maddy and wanted to play with her for that afternoon. Their day had been calm, simply driving around town stopping to shop. Adonis loved it though he wanted nothing more than to cuddle with her in bed, her soft hands gently running through his hair.

He walked into the kitchen, where Leon sat, raising an eyebrow, peering over his shoulder.

"You heard us come in and couldn't say hi", he frowned, peering over his shoulder.

"Sorry", Leon sheepishly smiled. "I got carried away".

His friend was shockingly reading a book on the Kindle he had bought for him his last birthday. He had recently got into books and Adonis was glad.

"What are you reading?" he asked moving to sit on the stool opposite him.

"The Atlas Six. Almost done", he muttered pushing his glasses further up his face. Adonis pulled his phone out, scrolling through Thea's Instagram for a new photo to make his lock screen.

He smiled when he saw the photo of them on their date, his head tucked into her neck Thea pressing a small kiss behind his ear. Minutes later, Thea trailed into the kitchen with a flustered Asher making him raise his eyebrow. She caught his eye and walked towards him flashing him a bright smile. Brighter than anything he'd seen in the night sky.

His hands grabbed her hips, pulling her in between his thighs. She blushed, her hands wrapping around his neck. Shyly placing a kiss on his cheek she used the opportunity to whisper into his ear.

"Can we go back to mine?". Adonis nodded, turning her around and placing her in his lap.

The group enjoyed the light talk, eyes bright with happiness, the calm before the storm.

──────

"GET THE FUCK OUT BEFORE I CALL THE COPS ", Ares' voice boomed as the pair entered her house. Thea froze, hands immediately dropping from Adonis'.

Her hands began to shake at her sides and she clenched her eyes bracing herself for what was she was going to face. Adonis stilled beside her, the air in the room shifting into one he knew all too well.

A second voice entered the frame, laughing at what the other had said. It was dark, deep and Thea was thrust back into when that same voice haunted her nightmares, stripping her to bones leaving her scattered in the night wind.

She stepped towards the scene, eyes locking with the man who had taken everything away from her. He was different to the last time she had seen him. His hair had begun greying, his stature more worn out than before. Although she would never forget those dark eyes. The same dark eyes that haunted her nightmares.

He smirked, eyes scanning her body. The man approached her, his gaze darkening when he reached the base of her skirt. Thea gulped, her body turning on itself. Her body had begun to shake, tears falling out of her eyes.

How was he here? she thought. Artemis said he was gone for good. Painful memories littered her mind and she flinched when he came to stand in front of her.