𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚟𝚎

🫶🫶🫶

//

"Guys! Get your asses in here!"

Dream curses himself for not closing the door all the way, rolling off George who sighs at the ceiling, tilting his face to look at him. They listen to Karl exit his room and pad down the hall to where Sapnap was yelling for them.

George wipes a hand against his lips, motioning Dream forward, avoiding his eyes with a slight smile. Dream grins back, leaning down to place just one more chaste kiss on the other's lips, before guiding him toward the door.

"—our leaders have gathered around Cape Canaveral Florida, united with a common goal. We'll keep you updated."

They stare at the screen as they make their way through the kitchen, leaning against the back of the couch where their friends were curled up side by side, watching intently. Dream's heart runs rampant in his chest as he watches the President along with most of the world's leaders, mostly the ones with nukes, discussing inaudibly on screen.

"What the fuck is happening?" George asks, staring at Britain's Prime Minister shaking hands with the President.

"While we were dicking around in a lake, people were trying to save the goddamn Earth." Sapnap murmurs.

"They're trying to combine nuke power to blow it up." Karl mumbles distantly, watching the cameras pan around. "But it's so big that they don't know if it'll do anything."

The cameras kept switching back and forth from the nukes being readied and the colossal asteroid in the sky that was very hard to miss, even without the stupid idiots behind the camera zooming in on it every few seconds, scaring the shit out of their audience. Not that they weren't already scared shitless.

"It really took the world ending to bring us all together." Dream muses.

George snorts, hopping on the couch next to Karl. The blonde watches as Karl snuggles into the smaller man's side, resting his face on George's shoulder. They fall silent as they watch the screen, and the Brit taps his foot impatiently. This was pointless. If they save the Earth, great, but what if it doesn't work? They're just wasting time staring at a screen.

"Dream." He mumbles.

"Yeah?" The man whispers back.

"Do we have a deck?"

He frowns. "Yeah, why–"

"Can we go?" He asks quietly.

"Of course," He says with a smile.

Karl waves them off, and Sapnap was too busy staring intently at the screen to notice. So the two quietly slip away from the frightening visuals displayed, hardwood boards creaking underneath their feet as they creep over to the sliding door, stepping out into the cool Floridian night.

George intakes a short breath at the view. The canopy of trees gave way to an endless extent of stars, blanketing the sky with its vast display of dominance. He stares at the one that shines the brightest, a fiery presence that had gotten scarily close.

"It doesn't feel real, does it?"

He turns, watching his friend come up behind him, eyes lit up with wonder at their incoming doom.

"No." George hums. "It doesn't."

Dream nods, elbows pressed into the wooden railings. Splinters threaten to break his skin as he looks up, too immersed in the sight to see the torrent of emotions flicking between George's features.

The Brit was in some sort of limbo. The fear of dying rocked him to his very core. But his love for Dream soothed him enough to stay exactly where he was. They could sometimes pretend that nothing was going to change, that they had a lifetime. But it always came back to haunt his thoughts. Then Dream would show up, chasing them away with his adorable smiles and teasing quips. Sweet kisses that made his world spin on an axis.

Right now was one of those moments that not even Dream's presence could subdue. And if George doesn't say something right now, he doubts he ever will.

"Do you know what I think is even more unreal?" George asks, turning to face the man.

"What's that Georgie?" Dream chuckles, the laughter on his lips fading as he catches sight of the brunette's expression.

"That we're just sitting here. Waiting for it." He mumbles, avoiding the other's eyes.

"I thought we all agreed it was for the best."

"Yes, that logic holds up. But tell me honestly, if you asked Sapnap and Karl right now if they wanted to leave, try to do something instead of sitting here like idiots, what would they say?"

Dream stays silent, struggling with the voices in his head, clashing opinions against one another. "Well what would you say?"

He thinks for a moment, chewing his lip tentatively. "I say that I've got a lot to live for. Now, more than ever."

George listens to the crickets that fill the gaps of their conversations, blissfully singing their song without a care in the world. He glances at the taller man in the dark, noticing the shine of tears under his eyes. 

He looks away.

He didn't mean to make the man upset. But he could also see the gears turning in his friend's distant gaze, the uncertainties battling inside his head. He didn't have to observe the man's features to know what was going on. Back in Brighton, he could always tell when Dream was overthinking. Counting the motionless seconds of silence. Listening to the pattern of his breathing. Attempting to comprehend the stumbling of his words when Dream haphazardly tried to string his thoughts together.

"It's stupid." Dream mutters.

"Maybe." George nods.

"If it doesn't work–"

"Then it doesn't work," He shrugs.

The voices in Dream's head were screaming now. Why go through all that stress of trying to escape, if you could spend your last moments with your friends, blissfully. A peaceful end. Why is he so adamant in prolonging the inevitable? Even if they get to somewhere safe in time, what then?

"We'd have to leave now. For even a chance." Dream mumbles, heart pounding in his chest. They're doing this, aren't they? He's doing this. This is crazy.

"We've got a Tesla." George shrugs.

Dream laughs, a hearty laugh that comes from deep in his stomach, echoing between the grove of trees in front of them. The brunette watches, his lips twitching into a bright smile. Even the crickets stopped their song to hear him laugh. Beautiful.

Soft lips lean down to capture his own in a gentle kiss, and they lock hands, taking a breath before they all but sprint inside. They shout their friends' names, looking around the kitchen and hopping over the couch, realizing they weren't there.

They thunder upstairs, faces flushed as they burst into Karl's bedroom, looking at the two who had lighters in their hands, illuminating the room with the candles still strewn around every corner.

"Do you guys want to do something crazy?" Dream breathes heavily, the words spilling out of his mouth before he loses his nerve.

"Crazier than jumping off a cliff?" Sapnap raises his eyebrow. George nods.

"Ok, I'll bite. What?" Karl asks.

"Survive."

//

hope you all have a nice Monday, or at least as good of one as you can have considering it's Monday ;)