𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚠𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜

I suck at remembering to update this OMG, sorry! anyways, HI!

//

Dream opens the fridge and takes out a big jar of marinara sauce, claiming he had made it a few days ago.

The can of olives pops open with the help of can opener, the salty brine spilling over the sides as Dream sticks a spoon into it, scooping a few of them out. The sharp edge of the knife came precariously close to his fingers with every thin slice of savory fruit.

George almost cried out multiple times, how irresponsible the other was being as he quickly cut a bunch of them. But his movements seemed to be natural, so he kept quiet, directing him to put extra olives on his portion of the pizza, which Dream laughed at, but complied.

After putting the fresh pizza into the oven they had preheated, Dream hops up onto the counter, eyes searching George's face, yet again.

"You keep doing that."

Dream looks at his hands in his lap, feigning ignorance. "Doing what?"

"Staring,"

"You stare too."

George doesn't argue with that. He knows he does. He could argue that he has more of a reason to stare. That he hadn't seen his best friend's face in all the years that they had known each other, and he deserved a free pass. That's what he would have said before, if he could afford to be the cheeky arsehole he usually was toward his closest friends.

But instead George stays quiet, leaning his cheek on Dream's shoulder. An arm wraps around his back automatically, secured over his shoulder. He feels himself being pulled closer, and his eyes flutter with solace, exhaling gently as they shut.

He must have fallen asleep, because he opened his eyes only because the oven's dumb alarm was sounding through the warm room, shrill and unyielding. Dream watches him slowly wake, slipping out of his grip to ensure their dinner wouldn't burn.

George finds himself yearning for the touch, even with the other just a foot or two away from him. He hops off the counter, smushing into Dream's side as the steam curling off the fresh pizza filled the room with a delightful aroma.

"Are you okay?" Dream asks, frowning down at the brunette.

"Sorry," George murmurs, detaching with an embarrassed frown.

"You don't have to keep apologizing." He replies, honeyed words soft and alluring. "It's okay George." His hand is enveloped with warmth again when Dream takes it, running his fingers over his knuckles. He shakes his head, eyes sliding off the blonde's face, expression dropping.

"I really am sorry...for shouting at you. For saying all those things." George's voice is laced with regret, tears lodged in his throat. They fall from his eyes, dripping down to the floor below. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

Dream slides the mitten off his other hand, a sigh passing his lips. "You wanted me safe. Even if you hadn't come here, I would have known that in the end." George doesn't answer. Instead, he falls into the other's arms, shuddering with emotions he could barely process.

They didn't have to say anything more. No words could explain the bond they shared. Nothing could replicate the relief they felt to finally, finally touch. Explore a new familiarity that couldn't be enjoyed until now.

"Great, we're going to have to watch you two motherfuckers screw like rabbits for the rest of our lives. Lucky us." Sapnap mumbles to Karl as they walk in.

Dream's grip tightens and he sticks out his tongue. George is less civil, sticking out his middle finger at his best friend instead. They detach however, leaving their hands locked together as an act of spite. Dream tugs him over to the cooling pizza, cutting the pie into a dozen equal pieces.

They all watch the steam curl off their slices. George and Karl hop onto the couch, the other two leaning up against their knees.

Every single television show was interrupted by the blaring noise of the global alert signal. They tried streaming services, but nothing loaded. Nobody wanted to stay at their job to fix any of the bugs, and millions of people around the world probably had the same idea as them.

Dream, tired of this bullshit, stood up. They all watched him go, turning off the TV with a sigh. George slid off the couch, gesturing at Sapnap who couldn't keep his eyes off the grey-eyed man sitting next to him.

He sends a warm smile Karl's way as they fall into each other's arms again, looking at his miserable reflection in the dark screen. His eyes catch on sunny blonde, watching his best friend as he reaches for the remote and turns the screen on again.

He grins when one of their older videos saved to Dream's drive appears.

It was one of the few that they decided to keep to themselves. Not quite good enough to post on their channels, but good enough for them to keep it in their private drives to watch whenever they got bored. Dream settled down at Sapnap's feet, pulling George into him as a panicked yell sounds from their speakers, indicating the manhunt had begun.

The green minecraft character had just made it to the Nether when George succumbed to his desperate need for sleep, sliding onto Dream's shoulder with comfort pulling his features into a heedless smile.

The couple above them stare down at their friends, watching Dream wrap a gentle hand around the other's shoulders, pressing a kiss into his hair.

Tears pile into the remaining three's eyes as they watch the hunters scream in delight, or in Dream's case, fright as his hiding place is found. Suspenseful music booms in the background as he hops from treetop to treetop racing to the stronghold before the others could find it.

Sapnap wipes his eyes, snorting when they finally kill Dream in the End. It was George who had gotten the kill, cleverly sneaking up on him when he was preoccupied with killing an enderman for its pearl. They listen to the wails of defeat and shrill screams of delight, meshing together in a tumultuous harmony.

"Let's go to bed." Karl murmurs after a few stifling moments of silence.

"You gonna wake him up?" Sapnap stands up, looking down at his best friends. Dream tilts his chin up, resting the back of his head against the couch to look up at him.

"In a minute." He replies. Dream watches them nod and go to their room, hands entwined with a grip that no one could even attempt at breaking. He hopes Karl doesn't have nightmares like last night. He hopes George doesn't either.

He glances down at the boy in his arms. It didn't feel real that George was so close that his soft exhales nudged Dream's curls. Laugh-worn skin had smoothened with tranquility, as if he had no worries now that he was where he belonged. In his arms.

Sweetened strawberries drifted from his dark hair. George smelled everything and nothing like Dream imagined at the same time. He hums, shifting their position. "George," He calls softly. The other doesn't move a muscle, still blissfully asleep with that beautiful smile that Dream couldn't bear to falter.

He stands up carefully, then leans down and picks his friend up off the floor. He does it slowly, gently. Gentle enough that George stays asleep, even several feet in the air, the side of his head resting against Dream's chest.

He turns off the kitchen lights with difficulty, his eyes never leaving George's face. The hallway is only dimly lit, the faint sound of running water coming from Sapnap's open door. His feet stop moving, rooted to the hardwood as he looks between his own room and the guest bedroom.

He's not going to let George sleep in an empty room with a cold mattress covered in dust from neglect. Dream glances at his sleeping face, wondering what he would say when he woke up the next day. Before he could decide on anything, a figure pops out of a nearby doorway.

Sapnap looks at his best friend with George in his arms, eyes widened and breathing slowed. Moonlight danced across the tired brunette's features, his nose pushed into Dream's neck.

"Go put him down." He says, leaning against the wall.