𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚎

why do I keep forgetting to update this 😭

//

The peaceful feeling of waking up to glimmering eyes and a warm embrace had faded. George was restless. Dream wouldn't tell him where they were going. He said little to nothing as he was throwing things into a sunshine yellow bag, whistling like everything was fine in the world.

His neck is black and blue.

Their friends know.

"So, are we really not going to talk about this?" George asks, quiet enough that Dream had to strain to hear the last of his sentence.

He turns to face him, throwing sunscreen into the black bag he had slung onto the bed. Dream studies him for a moment, weighing the pros and cons of his potential answers before finally deciding on one. "What's there to talk about?"

George scoffs. "Dream. We had sex last night. What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

Scarlet stains his tan skin, and he massages the bridge of his nose, exhaling deeply. "I don't really think we have to talk about it. It's not like it'll matter—"

"You just fucked me!" George reiterates sharply, his breathing heavy with the intractable nature of his sharp words. "We've got so much to figure out, and you're saying what's there to talk about?"

"Are you saying you regret it?" Dream asks seriously.

"No...of course not. I didn't say that." George huffs, clenching his jaw tightly.

"Then I don't really understand your point." He replies, throwing his hands up in the air with an exasperated frown. "We've got what? Like a little more than three days left? Does it really matter at this point?"

"Why do you keep talking like you don't care that you're going to FUCKING DIE?!" George screams, and the blonde immediately looks at the door to make sure it's locked.

"Because caring just wastes the time we have! Why not enjoy it while we've got it?" Dream breathes out, shaking away the dizzyingly potent emotion in the other's tear-filled voice. "We love each other. Right?"

George swipes at the annoying tears on his eyelashes and nods. Dream sits down next to him on the bed, placing a gentle hand underneath his jaw. "Then that's all we need." He mumbles, kissing the tip of his nose with a sorrowful smile. The brunette almost sobs.

"Are you not afraid?" George asks, looking up at Dream through his eyelashes.

"What's there to be afraid of?" Dream hums, tucking the smaller man into his neck. "I've got you by my side. And Sapnap. And Karl."

George shakes his head slightly, fluttering his eyes shut against the blonde's warm skin. Dream hums in agreement, pressing a kiss to the crown of his head with a short sigh. His cell phone rings and they both pull apart as he answers it.

"Can you open the door? I've been knocking for a fucking hour."

George sighs and stands up, opening the door to reveal a pissed-off Sapnap. He had black swim trunks and one of Karl's oversized t-shirts on, and strolls into Dream's room, plopping on the bed. His face immediately contorts with disgust and he stands up.

"I keep forgetting that you guys probably–ugh." He shudders, brushing off his pants.

"SAPNAP," George yells, covering his face with his hand, hoping the ground would hurry up and swallow him whole. Dream goes bright pink, rolling his eyes at the ceiling with a sigh.