Chapter 12

Demi woke up early the next day. She was enjoying her coffee and waited for Freen to wake up and share her thoughts about the party. Deep down, she knew her daughter is responsible and she won't do anything wrong, yet she was afraid that something wrong happened. Her mother's instinct told her something is going on. At some point, Max entered the house and started a small chitchat with her.
"Morning, Demi! How are you? We have to go to 09:30 the studio, right?"
"Good morning! Yes! I'm waiting for Freen to wake up and have breakfast with her. Then, we can go. I have this strange feeling that something might have happened to her last night... Maybe I'm just too protective of her, and I'm going crazy." Demi started confessing to Max.
"Well..." Max didn't know what to tell.
"Wait! There is something, isn't it? Please tell me!" Demi jumped worried.
"I don't know exactly. She almost cried on her way back home. I think something happened. I don't know for sure what is it..."Max rubbed his neck nervously.
"Oh... Was she drunk or high?" Demi questioned.
"She didn't seem like it. But, don't worry! She will tell you. She's a good kid." Max assured Demi.
"Max, honestly, I suck at being a mother. I really don't know how to behave with her. She's basically a grown-up, and I mostly didn't see her growing up. Dallas was dealing with this stuff... I am a terrible mother, and I am stressing over this." Demi had tears in her eyes while saying the last sentence.
"Demi, I know you since you were a teenager. You are not a bad person, let alone a terrible mother. Just try and don't be so harsh on her. Freen loves you the most and she needs you. If you don't know how to deal with it, why don't you call your therapist? She might help you." Max took a sit next to Demi.
"Thank you! I will consider your advice. So, wanna have breakfast with us?" Demi asked her bodyguard.
"No, thank you. I am going to check the cameras around the house and the alarm. Give me a call when you want us to leave, would you?" Max asked and Demi nodded.
Soon as Max left, Demi turned on the tv and, surprisingly, there was the topic regarding Becky's birthday party. She focused on the tv, scanning for her daughter, and listened to the interview that her daughter had, which resulted was a pack of nerves. "Ugh! She's falling for her!! No!! What am I going to do?" Demi cursed under her breath. She started thinking that maybe Freen just suffered from a broken heart.
"Mom!! Good morning!" Freen said, rubbing her eyes.
"Oh, boy! Freen! Here you are... I was waiting for you, so we could have breakfast together." Demi added.
"Sure! I will have some milk and cereals." Freen said and Demi told their house helper to bring their breakfast.
"Ok... So.. how was the party?" Demi asked, and Freen didn't know how to answer.
"Well... It was a nice party. A lot of people, yeah... Like any party.." Freen added.
"Yeah... Like any party... You only had your proms and Hailee's parties." Demi rolled her eyes.
"Mhm.. yes.. pretty much like them.." Freen repeated awkwardly.
"And, you were also touchy with Hailee, right? The same as you were with Swift?" Demi emphasized the last name in an angry tone.
"Mom... where is this conversation going?" Freen arranged her hair stressed.
"Well... First of all... Freen, I don't like this closeness between you and Swift, and I want to know your feelings... Secondly, I want to know what happened to you last night. But... eat first! I'll let you some time to come up with a concrete answer." Demi said a little irritated.
As Demi said the last word, the house helper placed the food on the table. Both mother and daughter started to eat their food, right after thanking them for the food. It was an awkward silence, which was interrupted just by the cutlery sounds. Demi kept trying to calm down, and Freen kept thinking about how and what should she say to her mother, praying for her to forget what she asked.
"Well.. thank you for the breakfast. I should go change..." Freen said.
"Freen Sarocha Jonas, should I remind you I'm not stupid and dumb? Spill... Right now." Demi dragged her chair closer to her daughter's and looked into her eyes.
"Mhm...Well... Becky is the little sister I always wanted.." Freen said, making her sigh. Demi didn't buy it, but she pretended to. "And... As for the party, it was good. Nothing happened. Thank you so much for everything you did yesterday." Freen said letting out a small smile, which made Demi sigh.
"Yep... you might be a future lawyer, but... your mother knows when you lie," Demi said a little frustrated... She placed her hand on top of her daughter's, and she softly told her:" Look... Mommy's here... Unless you tell me what's going on, I could not help you. It's as simple as it is. You know I love you the most. So please, tell me... Anything that happened, I really need to know..." Demi smiled at her genuinely and arranged the lock of her hair.
"Mom..." Freen let down some tears. "You were right. I shouldn't have gone there."Freen said and hugged her mother tight.."She humiliated me.... Taylor.." Freen said the last word and Demi broke the hug to look at her daughter.
"What did she tell you?" Demi asked trying to calm down.
"That I am a nobody... I should stay away from Becky.... She threatened me with my education program, and she kicked me out of her house.." Freen hugged her mother tightly.
Freen was always a sensitive kid, and the family rarely bullied her. When she was little, she was always bullied for her looks and for being raised by her grandparents, but her family stood by her side. Demi knew her daughter just dealt with her first humiliation from an adult, and this made her angry.
"Screw her! Stupid bitch! She was always a snake." Demi let down her anger.
"Mom... I should have listened to you..." Freen said regretting the party.
"Freen... Taylor is an idiot, and that's why I asked you to stay away from her and her family, especially the sparkling eyes daughter... She's insane, so we shouldn't care about what a crazy person says. Look! I understand how you feel because she is the first adult who humiliated you, but... you are young and you will deal with many more than that... What you should do is become stronger. Please let me know if the idiot comes across to you, and I will make sure she will become a nobody. Stupid bitch! No one messes up with my daughter!" Demi kissed the top of her head, making Freen crack a small smile.
"I love you, mom!" Freen said looking into her mother's eyes.
"And.... Please try to keep the distance between you and the lovey-dovey eyes girl.." Demi said, caressing Freen's head, making her blush...
"She's cute..." Freen stated, looking down, shyly.
"I know... But... Try not to fall for her that badly. Promise me!" Demi said.
"Pinky promise... We are friends and that is what we should be."
"Fine.." Demi kissed her daughter's cheek.
All in all, the mother and daughter dealt with this problem. Freen liked that her mother was patient with her and she listened to her. However, she and Becky were a little awkward, because she really didn't want to cause more trouble, but thankfully it was not reflected in their work. One day, Becky went to Freen and interrogated her.
"Freen! What's the matter with you? Why are you this distant? Did I do something wrong? Please tell me! I miss the old Freen." Becky asked desperately.
"Look... I don't want to be like this, but unfortunately... there is no other way around..." Freen said looking saddened.
"Why? Tell me! I'm not a child." Becky insisted.
"Your mom told me to stay away from you... happy?" Freen said and turned around to walk away from Becky, but the younger girl hugged Freen from behind.
"Simba!! Why didn't tell me this? All the time I thought it was my fault. I'm sorry for my mother's behavior! She's extremely protective. I'm not my mother. Stop being this cold to me... Pweeaasee!" Becky pouted at Freen.
"Becky... Stop doing the puppy face! I honestly didn't get your mother's attitude. We are friends, right? What is wrong with being friends with me? I'm a nobody compared to you, that's right, but I don't think status should interfere with friendship." Freen was very sad.
"Freen..." Becky took Freen's hand in hers."You are not a nobody. You are a very nice human being. You are the sister that I never had. I know that I could count on you. Mom's wrong, because she thinks you are like the others, and you will use my name just for fame. I don't care if you do..."
"Really?? Do you really think I could just use you to become famous?" Freen crossed her hands angrily and she felt how offended she becomes.
"Let me finish! What I meant to say is I trust you. That's it. So, will you please be my older sister from another mother and father?" She cutely asked Freen.
"Ugh! You, kid! And what will mother say when she hears that we are friends?" Freen deep down wanted to make up with Becky.
"Let me think!" Becky started thinking for a moment.."That's it. She doesn't need to know we are friends. I will tell her we are just faking our friendship. Does it sound reliable?" Becky asked.
"Ugh! This is so childish... I swear! I'm feeling like I'm a character in a cheap soap opera. Fine. Let's be friends!" Freen randomly said, and this made Becky hug her tightly.
"Yayyy!!! Thank you, Simba!!! You are the best older sister!" Becky said, after kissing Freen's cheek and making her blush.
"Too cute," Freen mumbled without Becky hearing her.
Both girls were happy with their choice of keeping their friendship. It felt like a relief to know there they are not awkward with each other anymore. They both enjoyed their presence. Freen liked this positive energy that Becky spread around her, and Becky liked Freen's mama bear attitude towards her, meaning that she felt safe and sound with Freen.
"Freen! Becky! Come here, please!" The director called them.
The girls went to the director silently. They kept a smile on their faces, and that made the director look at them a little suspiciously.
"I'm sorry! Did I interrupt something?" The director asked them
"No, no! Please, tell us what's the deal?" Becky told him.
"Ok... As you already know... We only have one more shooting day. So we will film the kissing scene and the ending. Since we filmed using the songs sung by others, we will meet for almost two weeks at the recording studio so we could record the songs with your voices. I guess you are ready for that. Any questions?" The director asked.
"Can't we take some special angles to make it seem like we kiss, but in reality, we don't?" Freen asked a little ashamed.
"Oh, are you that stressed with the kissing scene? It's the easiest... I assume you both kissed someone before, right? Only this time it's in front of the camera. Right?" The director said making Freen feel so ashamed.
"Well. I did, but never with a girl." Becky said blushing, and this surprised Freen. The 21st-year-old girl had her first kiss, but she is 24 and never kissed anyone.
"It's the same. Trust me! Don't worry! Everything will be fine. Ok... You can go home for today."
On their way to pack the things up, Becky broke the silence with a stupid question that kept hunting her for a while: "Simba... I want to ask you something. I tried to show my father what you look like, the other day. Unfortunately, I couldn't find you on social networks. Are you not into it?" Becky asked Freen.
"Oh! I'm not very much into social media. You couldn't find me because I don't have my whole name on them. My username is @srchafreen for Instagram and Twitter." Freen said.
"Why like this?" Becky started typing the username on Instagram.
"Oh.. because of my other name, Sarocha." Freen chuckled a little.
"Found it! Oh! Your account is private." Becky stated.
"Yes... I am avoiding unknown people on my list. Oh! My phone is dead. Just add me and I'll accept it."
"Accept what?" Zendaya came and overheard the last sentence while packing her things.
"Hi! I just added Freen on Instagram and Twitter." Becky smiled proudly.
Becky, Freen, and Zendaya exit the building talking about social media, and Zendaya asked for Freen's username too. Suddenly, Zendaya saw a male who approached them.
"Look, Freen! Your father is here!" Zendaya told Freen, who was now looking at Max.
"Freen! Why are you not answering your phone? We have problems. Please, get in the car! It's an emergency." Max told Freen, who rushed in the car, leaving the other girls worried.
"Is he really Freen's father?" Becky asked looking at the car which was exiting the gates.
"Yes... She came with him to your birthday party." Zendaya answered.
"Really? How did you find out?" Becky asked, feeling a little jealous that her friend knew Freen's parents and she didn't.
"I recognized him. He is Demi Lovato's bodyguard." Zendaya said, leaving Becky shocked with the information.

.... To be continued...
Author's note:
1. I needed two cigarettes after the 10th episode from "Gap the series". I'm so mad at Kirk and Grandma. But, my Khun Sam broke my heart... She was so sensitive. Yet, Sam and Mon were so sweet. 💕
2. Guys, I have 2 more exams this week, that's why I'm slow with the updates. Next chapter, FreenBecky will kiss. Stay tuned!