Summer Parties Alessandra

We walked on the sidewalk, the hot sun beating down on us, Thad standing next to me. I sighed at the noiselessness of our group, usually we couldn't shut up, but now it seems that the words were caught in our throats.

"Are we almost there?" Osvald whined and I laughed at his slumped shoulders. Borden just rolled his eyes as he leads the group of six into the local gas station. Osvald placed his arm around my shoulder and ruffled my hair, I swatted his hand away and he laughed "This party hasn't really started 'till we get the SNACKS!!" he chanted as he ran down the snack aisle grabbing Sour Patch Kids and Airheads Bites.

"And drinks." Thad pointed out placing his finger on his temple and tapping as though to prove it was a good idea.

"Hm...fair," Osvald said, nodding and considering the opinion the other boy had stated. "I guess this party will be full of drunk young-adults." he laughed

A scowl formed on Bordens face. "Not everyone's 18 like you, you fathead." Borden absolutely refused to swear, saying it goes against his beliefs (Bordens a Jew and goes to church every Sunday, and he quote en quote said that he "wouldn't dare to swear and then enter such a religious building without feeling a guilt of some kind")

"That's Borden language for I'm too big of a prissy to drink." Osvald whispered to Thad (though he wasn't much quiet) and then he stuck out his tongue at the boy, blowing up his cheeks, to show him that he was upset at the name he had been called. Osvald then turned on his heel and walked out of the aisle to get the drinks he had mentioned before. I followed him and watched as he walked to collect a bottle of juice (Adult Juice makes the most sense).

"You think Borden will actually drink that?" I asked and he turned his face towards me, his black shaggy hair falling in front of his face and his blue eyes, seemingly piercing my soul. I suddenly felt as though he was someone else, not Osvald but a person I'd never recognised before. The feeling disappeared when he blinked though, the smile returning to his face, showing his braces to the world like it was a trophy.

"Nope," he grinned, bending over to get a second bottle "That's exactly why we're getting it." I smiled, placing my hand on his shoulder as we met up with the rest of our group, which we had rightfully called: The Unidentifiables, knowing that if we asked anybody in school who Borden or Thad were, they would respond with 'Who?'. They only knew Osvald because he happened to be the class clown, who would've thought? We all walked towards the counter, Osvald going first.

"ID?" the man at the counter asked, and Osvald handed him the card, to which the man scanned across the screen, then handed it back to Osvald to which he accepted with a nod. Soon the rest of us followed and we were then outside of the gas station again.

"Alright! Who's ready to get this party started!" Osvald yelled as we walked down the sidewalk, towards Noe's house, Noe was the definition of a natural-born leader, he was always trying to keep us from getting in trouble, but he wasn't scared of having fun, much like the rest of us. (The exception being Borden and Ezequiel.) When we reached Noe's house, he slipped inside to check if his parents were home. Not that his parents were...mean per say...but they definitely didn't care as much as they should. None of our parents really did. Well....except for Ezequiel's mom, who happened to care very dearly for her 'little boy' as she had said so many times.

"Coast is clear." Noe mentioned turning to face the rest of them.

"That is Ayo-kay." Osvald laughed walking into the empty house. The walls were lined with pictures of young Noe and a smaller boy, the pictures stopped when Noe looked to be around nine or ten years old, as that's when his younger brother had disappeared, like a draft of wind on a sunny day, much like the one they had stepped away from when they had closed the door. The police had never found the boy and speculation went around that he had run away, none of the citizens questioned it, many people ran away from their small town in Iowa, it was easier than living to be nothing. Why live in a run down old town in the middle of nowhere, when you could run away to a big city and be something. Be someone. As we walked into the house the air conditioning felt nice on our faces as we instantly cooled off. We took off our shoes, leaving them at the door and heading towards Noe's basement door. We enjoyed the basement rather than Noe's room since he and his younger brother, Linnel, had shared many 'precious moments' up there and they were instructed by Borden to not ruin them.