4

Several months have passed since Kakashi and I's last interaction

Several months have passed since Kakashi and I's last interaction. I haven't seen him either. Somehow he's always conveniently away. Not that I care, though. It doesn't matter to me if I never see him again, especially after what he did to me.

I did accept Guy's invitation for a few dates. Things have been going well, but it's not quite right. I can't properly explain it, so I've been training nonstop instead. I don't have time to sit with my feelings; I just need to train and get stronger.

My sharingan has become stronger, and I've trained it as far as it can go at this stage. With my eyes, I can perceive, copy, and predict enemy motions in battle. If I can effectively use my chakra in battle, I can keep my sharingan activated for an hour.

I grab my bag with extra kunai, shurikens, food, and water and head out to my training spot in the forest outside the village. It doesn't take me long to get there, but the walk is nice. Once I arrive, I place my bag on the ground and begin to stretch. To be honest, I don't really have much more to practice because I feel like I've reached my limit on my own. Without a teacher or sparring partner, it's a lot harder to develop my jutsu, but I need distractions.

As I continue stretching, I hear the sound of someone stepping down on a dry patch of grass. I instantly activate my sharingan to locate the chakra of my enemy. Looking around, I see I have three unknown shinobi surrounding me. My heart begins to race. I'm all alone out here, and I'm too far away to call for help. I have no other choice but to handle this myself.

I crouch down to grab several kunai and shurikens. "Show yourselves!" I scream as I throw three shurikens at each location of the chakra points I noticed earlier. Suddenly, two shinobi drop from the branches and one steps forward out of a bush. I see four small lines on their headbands, indicating they're from the Hidden Mist Village.

The Hidden Mist Village is a secluded village located within the Land of Water. Because of their Fourth Mizukage's reign, their village has become increasingly more violent. Because of this violence, their village has earned the nickname "The Blood Mist Village".

This is not good.

"Tsuki Akari Uchiha," one of the unknown shinobi says stepping forward. "We have direct orders to capture and bring you back to the Blood Mist Village."

My heart is pounding in my ears. Why would anyone want to kidnap me? I'm not anything special, just a regular shinobi from the Hidden Leaf. I know I'm strong, but I'm nothing extraordinary.

"Why would you have orders to kidnap me?" I ask, prepping three kunai between each finger on each hand. "I'm just a regular shinobi."

The three Blood Mist shinobi begin to spread out, starting to surround me. What appears to be the leader of the three chuckles slightly. "You don't even know your own lineage," he says with a tone of mocking disapproval. He begins to weave several hand signs. "Water style: water shuriken!" he commands. Several water-based ninja stars are shot at me. At the same time, the other two shinobi weave different hand signs. "Water style: water whip!" they both command in unison.

I weave my own signs in defense. "Fire style: flame whirlwind!" I muster just enough chakra to surround myself in flames. The fire hurricane instantly evaporates their water attacks. After negating their offense, I launch the whirl towards the leader. "Fire style: dual fireball jutsu!" I blow twin fireballs and hurl them toward the other shinobi. The leader barely dodges my whirlwind, but his accomplices are knocked out by my second jutsu attack.

"Nice," the leader smugly commends my attack. "But I truly expected more from the great-granddaughter of Madara Uchiha."

I freeze. Madara...Uchiha...? That's not possible. My parents would've told me something so shameful. Truthfully, my mother told me several times of her disgust with Madara. She said "anyone who seeks to disrupt peace is nothing more than scum". I took her words to heart.

I regain my focus just in time to dodge a fatal blow. I throw my body to the left as two spears made of water slice my outer thigh and ribcage. I wince while adding pressure to my thigh to try and stop the bleeding. My injuries are deeper than I anticipated. I start to panic as the white hot pain seeps into my lungs, making it hard to breathe. I need to finish this and get home fast.

"Did you forget you were in a battle, Tsuki?" he taunts. I manage to refocus my thoughts quickly; this is not the time to back down. I need to stay focused because this could be life or death. He weaves more water signs faster than before. "Water style: rising water slicer!" he launches another attack. A sharp wall of water shoots out from the ground and rushes at me at high speed.

"Fire style: searing migraine!" I somehow command while launching myself backward to avoid the sharp blade of water. A large fire-storm erupts from a fireball after exploding on the ground in front of the leader. His lower half catches fire as it starts to burn through his clothes. He uses his own water justsu to put out the fire. While he's distracted negating this attack, I use the opportunity to launch another.

"Fire style: Uchiha flame formation!" I summon five small chakra flames on each finger, then slam my palm on the ground. A large round barrier of bright pink flames erupt around the leader and his two unconscious accomplices.

"Touch these flames and you'll be nothing but a pile of ash," I warn him. My breathing is ragged and stifled. I try to hide the true amount of pain I'm in. He scrambles to his feet and tries to weave a water style jutsu. It immediately evaporates inside the barrier. "If you don't want to die from heat exhaustion, you'll answer my questions. Do you understand?" He nods his head in agreement. His chest heaves quickly as sweat falls from his forehead.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I am Ankoku Kawa of the Hidden Mist Village," he responds between heavy breaths. Ankoku wipes the sweat from his brow before it drips any further.

"Who sent you? What are the true details of your mission?" I ask, tightening the barrier.

He brings his limbs closer to his body. A piece of his blonde hair quietly burns on the barrier. "I have direct orders from Yagura Karatachi, the fourth Mizukage, to capture Tsuki Uchiha alive. I was instructed to capture you before you inevitably awaken your mangekyou sharingan," he responds emotionless. "The Mizukage wants to harvest your eyes, after forcing your mangekyou sharingan to awaken, to strike a deal with the Akatsuki."

My heartbeat is in my throat. Akatsuki? Madara? Mangekyou sharingan? I don't understand anything anymore. I feel like I stepped in something wet and, as I look down, I see my right leg has streams of blood dripping down and pooling on my foot. Using my left arm to act as a compress on the right side of my ribcage, I raise my right hand and clench it into a fist, closing the barriers completely. All three shinobi instantly burst into a pile of ash. Exhaustion begins to wash over me.

My feet slowly carry me back to the village, leaving one normal and one bloody footprint behind. My body is screaming out in pain. Finally the village gates come into view and I release the breath I didn't know I was holding in. I attempt to brace myself as my body fully collapses a few steps from the entrance. I flinch in anticipation of the pain from the fall, but it never comes. The last thing I remember is seeing two leaf shinobi running towards me.