The Female Titan

Erwin, Jean and another Scout sat at one side of the table with Armin, Eren, and Mikasa sitting at the other side with Levi and Elias sitting on opposite heads of the table. "The day after tomorrow, we'll be passing through Stohess District en route to the capital. That's when we'll strike" Erwin said as each of the Scouts at the table held a map of the city looking at the route they were to take Eren through. "It'll be our first and only chance to do so. Once we've set foot in the interior, the government will assume custody of Eren and the Scouts' authority to continue operations will be limited. Thus, unless we wish to conclude defeat... we must flush out the enemy now" Erwin continued before he went on to explain the plan.

"So here's what we do. While in Stohess, we use Eren as bait, luring the target into this underground passage. The deeper, the better. Get her well beneath street level. That done, she should be easily immobilized, even in titan form. If she transforms before reaching the tunnel, well, at that point she'll be your responsibility, Eren" Erwin said as he ran his finger along the marked path on the map while looking up at Eren.

"Right. So we know she'll be in Stohess? There's no chance she'll bolt before we get there?" Eren asked, looking up at Erwin. Erwin slightly lowered his head before responding. "No. She won't risk going AWOL." "Wait, you mean she's-" "Sir, if I might interrupt" Elias cut Eren off before he could finish. Erwin looked over at him and nodded. "I understand why Jager's here since he's our titan. And the same with Mikasa, Armin and Jean. They can escort him through the city disguised and it won't look suspicious he went off on his own. And Levi because Jaeger is under his supervision. But why am I here? Where do I fit into all of this?" Elias asked as he set the map of the city down.

"Thanks to Armin, we know you and the suspect are close. And while what you said isn't a horrible plan, it isn't exactly the plan I have made. Mikasa and Armin will be escorting Eren but Jean will be disguised as Eren in the cart, as suggested by Armin" Erwin replied, causing Jean to look at Armin in surprise. "Well it makes sense. If you put a wig on then you could pass as Eren, you guys look similar, the constant scowl for example" Armin said rubbing the back of his head. "Still, even if I'm close with them, how do I fit into the plan?" Elias asked again, still confused as to why he was here.

"Well also thanks to Armin, he managed to identify the subject. She's an MP. Likely responsible for the deaths of Hange's test subjects. And a fellow trainee in the 104th Cadet Corps" Erwin responded looking back to Elias. Elias and Eren's eyes shot open. "Wha-? You can't be serious. I trained with her?" Eren asked as he leaned forward towards the Commander. "I'm sorry, but yes. She's one of us." Erwin replied looking Eren in the eyes. "No. It can't be" Eren said sitting back in disbelief.

"So who is it? There were plenty of girls in the 104th. You need to be specific" Elias said in a more calm tone than Eren. "We believe that the Female Titan is Annie Leonhart" Erwin responded, keeping his eyes towards Eren. Elias' face dropped and his eyes shot wide open as soon as he heard her name. "No..." He mumbled to himself as he looked down. "You think it's Annie? Where's- Where's your evidence? Tell me!" Eren said with a shaky voice as he looked over at Armin. "Obviously the Female Titan knew what you looked like before she attacked. Plus, she reacted to my use of your 'suicidal maniac' nickname, something only our classmates would know. But the biggest reason I suspect her is that I have strong reason to believe she's the one who killed Sawney and Bean" Armin replied looking down.

"I'm sorry, who?" Elias asked, looking over at Armin. "Sawney and Bean. They were the names of the titans you helped Hange capture as test subjects" Mikasa replied looking back at Elias. "You're kinda goin' out on a limb there" Eren said looking at Armin. "Killing two titans at once requires a precise ODM strike. It only makes sense that the killer would've used the gear they were most familiar with" Armin replied, keeping his head down. "But, there was that whole equipment inspection. Annie's totally checked out" Eren replied looking back down. "Yeah, Armin he's right. I was there with you and her. All of us were cleared" Elias said, looking over at Armin. Armin looked back up before responding. "Yeah, except, the gear she presented. Well, it- It wasn't hers. It was Marco's."