That Day

845

For the past 100 years humanity has lived behind walls living in fear of the titans. In response to this the royal government decided to start construction on an underground colony in case of the walls ever failing. This plan was canceled mid way through now leaving a small city under the capital. Many people that live down there have to live in slums and broken down houses. Many make a living by selling in the market or working at bars. But many more resort to more shady terms of work. Selling on the black market, brothels, theft, and more. Most of the people down there survived through crime including children.

This is where a group of kids live and how they live. The three always meet up and decide two things for the day. To play or to steal. Most of the time the choice comes down to the 'leader' of the group, Mia Dietrich. She's the oldest in the group being 14, being one year older than the two boys. Whenever the three meet up she's the one who calls the shots, with the others inputs of course. It's more so her and the blonde haired boy who chose Noah Frien.

Noah is one of the smartest people the two kids know. He's always dreamt about going above the underground and seeing something called the sky. Even more than that he wishes to see the world beyond the walls. One day when the three were stealing from some abandoned building Noah found a broken drawer that had a book in it. Inside the book was information about the outside world, more than just what's inside the walls. When he found this he made it his goal to see the entire world. That's where the third child comes in, Elias Ackerman.

Elias is more of the quiet one in the group and stays to himself. The reason Noah and Mia found Elias was because he was trying to steal from their little camp or 'HQ' as they called it. He told them he was just trying to steal enough food to feed his younger brother Ben. In the end the two gave him some food for him and his brother. At the time they were five and since then Elias has been the muscle of the group. When Noah found that book he made a promise to Noah saying he'd get the three of them to explore the outside world together. But the only way to do that was to join the military, specifically the scout regiment.

Inside the walls almost everybody had gone their lives without seeing a titan. The only ones who do see them are the members of the garrison stationed on top of Southern Wall Maria and the Scouts, who actually venture beyond the walls. As if the citizens inside Rose and Sina have never seen a titan, many people in the underground don't believe they exist. Most believe it's a lie made up by the government for whatever reason. Either way nobody is happy living in The Underground but none of the people can make the money to buy a citizenship card and go above the ground. That's where the trio makes their plan.

"You really think that's a good idea," Elias asks, looking Noah in the eyes with more confusion than concern. "Course it isn't none of what we do is a good idea. Figured you'd understand that Eli." Elias shot a look towards Noah causing the blonde boy to flinch a bit. "You know I told you not to call me that right?" "Yeah but it's weird seeing you either not tired or angry. Did you actually sleep for once," Noah questioned him leaning forward a bit. Elias goes to get up before Mia steps in between them. "Noah, can you go one day without pissing Elias off? And Elias can we please not have a repeat of when that one guy hit me too hard," Mia spoke up looking at both of them but looking towards Elias more.

Noah catches onto this and smirks a bit before he speaks, "Awww Mia can't you look at me also? You're breaking my heart with how much you ignore me for your boyfriend." "The hell are you on about Noah," Elias asks him all the while Mia is looking at the ground trying to avoid eye contact with either of them. "H-He's just being Noah don't worry about it Elias," Mia stuttered a bit as she spoke. Noah has known for a while that Mia has a thing for Elias but even with how smart Elias is he's dense enough to not notice. But every time Elias spoke to her, she always felt hurt with how he spoke. "Sorry boss, I'm just on edge today is all." That name he called her always hurt her, 'boss,' she didn't want to be his 'boss'. She wanted to be Mia to him or some other names she always dreamt of but instead she gets boss.