Mental Scars

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey It's me again. Yeah, yeah boring A/N I know I'm sorry but like I said in the first A/N some chapters will have a warning in them for when they get a bit darker. If you couldn't tell already this is one of them.

This chapter will contain mentions, hints and scenes of self harm and suicide. If you are ever feeling these types of thoughts please reach out to someone. Whether it's professional help like therapy or one of the hotlines or someone you love and trust please talk to someone. And if you're not struggling with anything check up on your friends even if they seem ok it won't hurt to check up on them. Whether it's a how's your day or how are you feeling hell you can even be straight forward and ask if there's anything bothering them in life just make sure that they're ok.

At the end of this chapter I will put the numbers for the different hotlines so please if you feel you need them, use them. If you feel like nobody loves you than remember that I do. I don't care if you don't know me or what you've done I love each and every one of you and don't ever forget that. If you do need someone to talk to my DM's are open if you need someone to vent to or to just listen.

Thank you all for reading this dumbass' story, I appreciate every single one of you. That's all for now so I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and the rest of the story.

Love, your good ole' buddy ole' pal,

Rex
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Days after the trial Morning Barracks Mess Hall

Elias sat at the table eating breakfast with the rest of the cadets. His leg shook under the table as he sat quietly. Many of the other cadets were talking amongst themselves about a choice that would change the rest of their lives and the day they'd have to choose was close.

"Are you kidding me you're still going to the Scouts even after Trost? Fucking psychopath."

"I really wish I could go to the interior but I wasn't good enough for the top ten."

"Is joining the Garrison even safe anymore?"

Many of the cadets were worried about where to go. Many only had the choice between the Scouts and the Garrison Regiment as only the top ten could become a member of the Military Police. Elias sat quietly as he already knew his choice and many of his friends knew this which caused many of them to grow concerned. He looked at his tray that had no food missing from it. Not the soup, not the bread, even his water was still full. His arm started to slightly shake so to stop it he grabbed it.

He sighed pushing himself up and grabbed his tray. He walked over to the edge of the table where Sasha, Connie and Jean were sitting. "Hey, Sasha. I'm finished eating, you can have the rest if you want" He said as he set the tray down before walking off, not giving Sasha the chance to respond.

"Is it just me or has Elias been more quiet recently?" Connie asked as the three of them watched him walk off. "Yeah, it's like he was when training started. Staying to himself, the only difference is Mia and Noah are gone now" Jean continued as Elias went out of sight from the three. "Hey, wait. His tray's still full. Maybe he wasn't hungry?" Sasha asked as she looked down at the tray Elias left her.