𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢 𝔚𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔬𝔯

Mina tuned into the radio, eager to catch up on the news she had missed, while she patiently awaited Kai and Sora's arrival.

Upon Sora's arrival, Mina was excited to finally meet someone from Kai's family, her curiosity piqued as she anticipated learning more about her.

Glancing at Denise and Jack, Mina couldn't help but smile to herself, sensing a connection between them that seemed destined.

"Planning the wedding already?" Mina quipped with a smirk.

Denise's annoyance was evident as her mouth dropped, while Jack's wide smile hinted at his hopes, hoping Denise would catch on.

Amused by their reactions, Mina giggled as Denise approached with tea, followed closely by Jack with the cups.

"You know, I think my boyfriend can wait. I wanna learn more about that Sora girl! But don't you think they've been in there for a while?" Denise pondered.

Agreeing with Denise's observation, Mina shared the sentiment, while Jack carefully poured the tea, offering his perspective.

"Kai hasn't seen a family member of his in a while! Give them some time y'all!" Jack suggested.

Both women nodded in understanding just as Sora and Kai returned to the living room, bringing a smile to Mina's face.

As Kai settled near Jack, leaving the spot beside Mina vacant, she warmly encouraged Sora to join her, while Sora was resisting the urge to roll her eyes.

"Hopefully, your chat was productive! Now, how do you take your tea? Warm, cold, or iced?" Mina inquired, her smile unwavering.

Sora, despite her annoyance, admired Mina's demeanor, though her jealousy simmered beneath the surface.

"Warm. I prefer it warm. Now tell me, Mina. How did it feel like to almost die?" Sora asked, her smile tinged with a hint of mischief.

Kai's eyes widened in surprise, prompting a subtle stiffening in Mina before she composed herself.

Jack raised an eyebrow at Sora's question, while Denise's gaze shifted awkwardly, leaving Mina to finally respond.

"Well, it was terrifying! Having my whole life turned upside down in a single day was not something I ever anticipated. But, you know, I'm just grateful to be alive. I owe a lot to God for that. So, no, it wasn't exactly a walk in the park."

"What about Leonardo? Was it fun when you snuck off to see him, without Kai's permission?" Sora smugly replied.

Sora's smug response about Leonardo caused Mina's smile to falter, and Kai tensed awkwardly, while Jack and Denise remained silent, their eyes cast downward.

As Sora observed Mina's dumbfounded expression, she smirked before turning her attention to Kai, fluttering her lashes seductively.

"I'd rather not dwell on that topic, if you don't mind. But let's shift focus, shall we? When did you arrive in town, Sora? Where are you staying, and for how long?" Mina redirected, masking her nerves.

Rolling her eyes at Mina's evasion, Sora ultimately answered before a knock on the door interrupted the conversation.

"I arrived the day you got shot, but I'll be staying here since Kai extended the invitation. And as for leaving, I'm not going anywhere. I've decided to make Las Vegas my permanent home!" Sora declared confidently.

Kai's eyes widened in surprise, unaware that Sora had such plans.

Questions flooded his mind.

Did she move here for him?