Ch. 8

"Does making fun of Tsireya and Lo'ak sound good?" He chuckles, and I laugh with him.

"What, like how when they are around each other, Lo'ak becomes a blushing, embarrassed mess?" I giggle.

"And Tsireya becomes a giggling disaster." We laugh much more, and when it subsides, I let out a large yawn.

"You tired?" Neteyam questions as I begin to shiver.

"Just a little bit, I'm mainly cold," I state and wrap my arms around myself in a hug.

"Anything I can do to help?" He asks and a thought comes to my mind.

His hug was pretty warm earlier, but it would be way too weird to ask. I feel my face heat up and shake my head no in response.

The night had reached its coldest part and my occasional shivers had become a constant chattering.

"Come here," Neteyam says in a soft voice. I move closer to him in the water and he brings an arm around me. "Better?"

I nod feeling a little bit embarrassed but it was true, his body radiates heat like the sun's bright rays.

We stay like that for a while, his arm around me to keep me warm. My eyes grow tired and no matter how hard I try to keep them open, they flutter shut.

I am awakened by someone nudging me and as I sit up I rub the sleep from my eyes. "Neteyam?" I look around and memories come flooding back.

Neteyam smiles at me as I lean away from him.

I fell asleep on him. Oh. My. Eywa. What have I done? My face feels like a ball of fire as the realization hits, and I'm sure it is completely a darker blue.

"I am so sorry," I say, covering my mouth with my hands in embarrassment.

"It's fine, I didn't mind." He says with a grin. I am never going to recover.

"I didn't mean to I swear," I repeat in a desperate tone.

"I'm sure you didn't," Neteyam says with an eyebrow quirked and his lips showing a smirk.

I groan and run my hands down my face. I don't think I have ever felt more embarrassed than this.

This is moving right up to the number 1 spot of most embarrassing things I've done, 2nd being the time that I faceplanted at one of my "Coming of Age" ceremonies.

With me being basically royalty my Coming of Age events are usually more popular, even though our clan treats all of these events as very important.

I look up at the sky and can tell that the way the stars are positioned that it is very late, close to becoming light again.

"Um...we should probably go back to our homes," I say sheepishly, still feeling the blush fiery on my face.

Neteyam nods amused and I wanted to shove him that he found this funny. "You're right, we've been gone for pretty long." His face turns serious.

I go to raise myself onto the bridge and feel Neteyams hands on either side of my hips, he helps raise me and he does it with little effort. I hide a small smile at this and use my hand to help pull him over the edge.

The night air is cool and the cold water drips off of our bodies. "I had lots of fun, Neteyam. Thank you." I smile at him as I wrap my arms around myself. The cold water mixed with the breeze is making me feel a bit cold which doesn't usually happen. Hopefully, I don't get sick.

"Same here, Y/n. Goodnight." And with that, we go our separate ways. I smiled to myself all the way to my pod and then some more as I lay down, thinking of the occurrences that happened during me and Neteyam's little sneak-out event.