Ch. 6

"Where have you been Y/n?" My father asks, looking down at me.

"I was with the Sully family, I showed them how to make Niquari." My smile falters as I see my father watching me with a frown.

"I hope you haven't been disregarding your other responsibilities just to help the family. I know I said to make them feel welcome but they need to figure some things out on their own." He speaks in a lowered tone.

"I'm still getting everything I need to done. Don't worry about me father, I am being careful." I smile at him and he watches me.

"Okay, but I'm always gonna worry about you, you are my eldest child and I don't want you to get steered down the wrong path."

"Why would I get steered down the wrong path? It's not like Neteyam is a bad influence." I say with my eyebrows in a frown, my dad's eyebrows rise in surprise.

"Neteyam? I didn't single him out specifically Y/n." My eyes widen as I realize what I said.

"Oh, I-I didn't mean to imply anything. I was just around him more today as we were gathering the ingredients for Niquari." I try to smooth out the awkwardness that had been created.

My father continues to watch me and his face holds an unreadable look. "Y/n!" Tsireya exclaims and I turn to see her running to me. She hooks an arm through mine and gives my father a bright smile.

He continues to stare at me with a blank expression as Reya begins talking. "Father, you don't mind if I grab Y/n to go and make some shell necklaces do you?"

Tsireya winks at me and I give her a nervous smile as my father turns his attention to her. "That's fine. Y/n, think about what I said."

"Thank you!" Tsireya yells as she drags me away.

"You're a lifesaver." I mutter and let out a sigh of relief.

"I could smell the tension from a Tulkuns length away." She smiles. "Now who's the best sister?"

I shake my head with a grin. "Probably you."

"That's right. Now let's go to the crafts area." For breakfast, we eat food and communicate. Dinner is one of my favorite times of the day. It's like a mini celebration, but none of the Metkayina parties are mini. We make jewelry and tell stories, eat food, and have elaborate meals.

At the center of the circle, there is a large bonfire that usually has others crowded around it to cook food or for certain celebrations, there are people that dance around it.

More people have arrived and the air is filled with a peaceful feeling as Na'vi talk about how the day has gone, story telling will occur after we eat.

I and Tsireya sit down and grab some seashells and pearls. I think of Tuk and Kiri and wonder when they are coming, as I want to make some pieces of art with them.

"Y/n!" I hear Tuk and turn with a smile to see her running toward me.

"Tuk!" I respond in the same enthusiastic manner.

I watch as the family splits up, Tuk and Kiri coming toward me and Reya, Jake and Neytiri going to the adults, and Neteyam and Lo'ak seemed to be joking about something.

"What are you doing?" She asks and leans over my shoulder to see what I was making.

"It's for your hair." I smile at her and hold up the seashells in my hands.

"They're so pretty!" Tuk exclaims.

"They are indeed."

"When can you do my hair?" She asks eagerly.