Ch. 1

On this day Y/n was sitting on a stone near the barrier gazing out into the deep blue ocean. The sea breeze, light and airy making Y/n's chest feel full of happiness. The sea air filling her nostrils and lifting a calm smile up to her lips.

Y/n closed her eyes, enjoying the calming sensation that filled her. She layed back on the warm rock and turned on her side, keeping her eyes shut.

Her peaceful state was interrupted by the tribal horns signaling new arrivals. Y/n stood and stretched for a moment  before diving into the clear water.

As she was quickly swimming toward land these thoughts were going through her head.

It's most likely from one of the other Metkayina islands but even if this was regular her parents still wanted her to come for every greeting, as she was part of the tribe leaders, being the Olo'eyktan and Tsahik's daughter.

As she reached the crowd it seemed more people were gathering than usual. Emerging from the warm water it began to run off of her body, her beaded braids dripping dry.

She pushed her way through the crowd and when she reached the front she stood by her parents, eyes widening at the unique Na'vi. From their skin color to their tails they were different. Y/n's eyes staring with curiosity, eyebrows raised in interest.

Ao'nung began to approach them but Y/n held a hand out for him to wait. He rolled his eyes and pushed her hand away beginning to walk forward.

"Ha, look at their tails! So small! How are they supposed to swim!?" Ao'nung says, laughing at them with Rotxo snickering at his 'joke' and Y/n shakes her head at her brother. It was true, they had a skinny, long tail which wouldn't help in moving swiftly through the water.

Y/n continued to look at the family, two teen boys, a teen girl, a young girl, and a mated pair. As she was observing she kicked the back of Ao'nung and Rotxo's legs for being so rude.

The adults greeted her parents first her father then her mother.

"Why have you come to us?" The Olo'eyktan asks the family.

"We come seaking Ukturu." The man says.

"Ukturu?!" Ronal exclaims and looks toward her mate.

"A sanctuary for our family." The man replies.

Tonowari takes a step toward the dark blue family. "We are reef people. You are forest people. Your skills will be useless here."

"We will learn your ways alright?" The man says in a quieter tone trying to soothe the tension.

Then Ronal walks through the family.

"Their arms are thin." She says lifting the youngest's arm, who then whimpered and hid behind her mother who pet her hair. Her father picked her up and she nuzzled into him, most likely wanting to get away from the scene.

"Their tails weak." She said grabbing the teen girls tail who in return ripped her tail out of the Tsahik's grasp with a hiss of pain.

"They aren't even true Na'vi!" Gasps came from the crowd as everyone leaned forward in interest, including
Y/n. Ronal rose the younger male teens hand showing five fingers. His ears  twitched down as he avoided eye contact.

Y/n found this none other than fascinating. She had been stuck to this island since birth and had never been able to venture to other lands. Y/n had always been an inquisitive ray of sunshine, always wearing a smile.

"Listen, please. I was born a human and became Na'vi, I adapted." He spoke in a tone of desperateness. "Just like we can adapt." He pushed, urging to prove himself and his family.