(Dina)

(Recommended song: Scott Street by Phoebe Bridgers)

Romantic interest: Dina.

(Extra notes: This is targeted for a fem Y/n but you can definitely be masc too!)

Warnings: Death.

~

"Dina... I need to go. You know I do"

"No, you don't, Y/n... Stay. Stay here with JJ and me, we need you"

"This is why... I need to protect you guys."

A hoard of clickers, and bloaters were heading towards Jackson. A massive hoard... Y/n and Dina lived just up from Jackson so they'd get hit with the hoard too. A rather large group was going to fight off the hoard in an attempt to draw them away or kill them all. Y/n was one of Jackson's best fighters which is why they asked for her to help them fight.

Y/n walked up placing her warm hand on Dina's wet cheek.

"I'll come back..."

Y/n removes her hand and grabs her jacket just beside her throwing it over her shoulder and walks out the back door of the farmhouse leaving Dina alone in the dark kitchen while she cried fearing the love of her life would be gone forever.
Y/n walked out of the house fearing that'd be the last time she saw Dina. 

~

(Four-month time skip)

~

The team worked endlessly and tirelessly fighting the hoard. They killed many but not close to all, they lead the hoard back the way they came from. More than 80% of the group from Jackson died.
Going back to Jackson was hard for the remaining, including Ellie... Ellie went along with the group... When the group came back they had a lot of wounds... physical and emotional. A lot of the group became really close during those four months... Including Ellie and Y/n. 

"I wonder what Dina is thinking about right now..." Y/n thought out loud grabbing a card from the pile.

"Are we seriously going to talk about Dina again?" Ellie joked, she enjoyed hearing how much Y/n cared about Dina.

"No no... I'm just... I'm just worried is all"

"Why?"

"Well, she's alone there... With JJ and the farm... It's hard to manage with just the both of us."

"I'm sure she's managing just fine"

"I know, she's super strong and super smart, I'm just... I didn't tell her I loved her"

"I'm sure she knows-"

"-No Ellie... You don't understand I just left. I didn't say goodbye or hug her or... anything I just left, I didn't even look back. I just can't shake the fact that that was the last time I will see them"

"No, it won't. You'll return and everything will be normal again"

A week later Y/n got caught up in a small group of runners just outside the hoard trying to get away from a bloater, she ran into the basement where three runners had been hiding at in the dark and got bit on her shoulder.
She found Ellie two hours later, it had already gotten increasingly worse. She made Ellie swear she wouldn't tell anyone, she knew it wouldn't do any good for them to know, and they couldn't treat it.