Chapter 6, Scrolling

After waking up from the school poisoning-induced coma, Jaune woke up Jimmy and told him to make a pot of hangover stew, before he woke up Blake.

As they were all undoing the hangover with the soup, they all concluded.

"All in favor of never partying in the morning ever again, say aye." began Jaune.

All said Aye.

"With that out of the way, I think I might just be able to get registered for my license in time before the association closes." stated Jaune.

"And ill apply for Beacon." stated Blake.

"Then you got our afternoon planned out," stated Jimmy.

"Just about. I might go get myself a cheap scroll now that I got lien to spare." stated Jaune.

"Jimmy, you have a pen?" asked Blake.

Jimmy nodded and handed her a pen.

Blake took a napkin, wrote something on it, and handed it to Jaune.

"My number, so we can stay in touch." she stated.

Jimmy laughed as he took back the pen.

"Ladykiller at it again. The guy doesn't even have a scroll, yet he got a number." teased Jimmy.

Jaune rolled his eyes and punches Jimmy in the shoulder playfully.

It was at that moment that Blake realized something. She was looking at Jaune.  .  .

Jaune is without his hood.

"I didn't even realize. So that's what you look like without the hood." stated Blake.

Jaune proceeds to cheek for a hood that in fact was not on his head. He grunted and proceeds to put it back on.

Blake raised an eyebrow at that.
"What's wrong?" she asked concerned.

"He hates it if people see him without the hood. Cause his looks remind him of his parents." Jimmy answered her question.

Jaune scoffed at that.
"I would call them a lot, bastards, braindead ideots, human-shaped trash, scum... But not patents." he started, his face showing a look of disgust.

He took a deep great and relaxed, as his smile returned.

"Enough of that. We got a lot of work ahead of us." he announced.

With that, they said their goodbyes, and Bkake and Jaune went their separate ways.

Blake, while walking towards her destination, was puzzled about what kind of guy Jaune was. All she one was that he was a good guy, and that meant something coming from her.

Jaune, on the other hand, was focused as he stopped by an electronics store in the better part of downtown and bought a cheap scroll fit 80 lien. Leaving him with 165 lien to his name.

His second stop was at his workplace, where he proceeded to walk in and shout
'I Quit' at the top of his lungs, before leaving the next moment.

His third stop was the Hunter association.
But on the rather long way there, he decided to get some things done.

He took out the napkin with Blake's number and added her contact(with the appropriate nickname Kitten), before he send her a message.
'See ya around Kitten' is all it read.

After that, he proceeded to pull out a piece of paper with another number and added it to his contacts under the name 'Carrot top', and send a message to the contact.
'Things are going smoothly. Getting my license if possible today. A new age is about to begin. Are you two still in?
-Jaune' it read.

As he was about to put the scroll away, he got a message from Blake.
'That better not be the contact name' it read.

Jaune just replied with a smirking emoji before turning the scroll to silent as he got to his destination.

The Hunter Association was a plain building like any other governmental facility.

Making his way inside, he thanked his luck for it was empty except for the workers.

Making his way over to the 'License' section.
The young woman working there was nothing short of beautiful. Violet hair put into a ponytail, and deep purple eyes covered by a pair of round glasses. She wore your average desk lady outfit but rocked it.

"Hey there." treated Jaune as he stepped in front of the desk.
"I would like to get registered for the Hunter license." he stated smiling.

"Ah, yes. Of course. You are new to the hunters association, right?" she asked in a friendly tone.

"Yes, I am." he answered.

"Since you are a first register, you will have to complete an evaluation for combat skill. Normally we do that here but the staff responsible for that is currently on vacation." she started in a sorry tone.

"I'm having a bad feeling about this."  jaune sighted, but still smiled.

The lady chuckled at that.
"Don't worry about that. Beacon was so generous to offer to take the evaluation at their recruit evaluation. And luckily for you, that will be tomorrow." she started with a smile.

Jaune let out a breath of relief.
"You really had me worried there." he stated.

She chuckled at that, as she went to work and prepared a paper for him.

"Here, this is a referral card. Hand this to the person overseeing the evaluation. It's mostly gonna be Glynda Goodwitch, Blonde hair, emerald eyes, dresses like a sluty secretary and wears a targeted cape. Can't miss her." she handed him the paper.

"The evaluation is from 10 till 2. So just show up sometime and get it done. After that bring the approval over here and I can get you sorted." she started.

Jaune smirked(idk anymore just roll with it) and stored it in his storage.

"Thanks a lot. I'll see you tomorrow then." he stated as he went to leave.

"Hey, what's your class?" she asked.

"I'm a tailor." he started turning around.

That shocked the lady.

"I'm Jaune Cross, the deadliest Tailor that ever lived." he announced as he pulled five daggers out of his storage and spring them to his threads, and levitated them.

"I am the man who will build a guild to surpass them all. So mark my name." he announced, storing his daggers and leaving.

That stunt left not only one confused worker but a whole five, who witnessed it.
All of them proceed to empty out their mugs into the trash cans beside their desks and swore to not drink caffeine as they were clearly seeing shit.

Jaune on the other hand turned his scroll back to loud as he saw two new messages.
One from Blake who just send a smiley that stuck out his tongue.
The other was from 'Carrot Top'.
'Good to see that you are still kicking. Course we are in. Stop by the crossing at some point. I got a location that could work. Also, the midget says hi.'

Jaune smiled at that.
'We are moving up in the world. Watch out Remnant, a new age is beginning.' he thought as he made his way back home.

To be continued...

Kinda late, but writes block at it again.

Another bit to annoy you...

The name of the guild was mentioned multiple times now, but it will be in a different language. Do you think you can guess it?