Chapter 2, Tutorial and Here Comes The Goblinslayer!

After laughing his ass off at the random bulshit that is his life, Jaune straight out marched out of his shitty apartment, straight thru the city(straight up ignoring multiple attempts of mugging), and out towards forever fall. His grin plastered on his face, like he's gone mad.

He, in fact, was crazy for a good while.

But that's not important right now.

He was heading toward Forever Fall, one of the places known to be the home of weak monsters that ended up in Remnant because of the portals. The same portable that leads to dungeons.
Maybe he will be lucky enough to find a dungeon portal with Lvl 1 monsters... Yeah Nah, with his luck he will find a level 150 Dragon-infested dungeon.

And for someone of his standing, he was making good way.
It was noon when he left his apartment, and he was on 29/105 HP.
Now it was late afternoon, and he healed up to 78/105 HP, as he reached the edge of Forever Fall.

And with his luck as stellar as never before, he stumbled upon two level 1 goblins, roaming at the edge of the tree line.

*Ding*
A window popped up.

You have encountered a monster. Being level 1, you have received a tutorial quest. Would you like to start the tutorial quest?

Yes No

Jaune proceeded to press Yes, and a new screen appeared before him.

The tutorial quest is normally meant to only introduce you to basic skills.
But due to you being a [Tailor], the system does not have any combat tutorials, since your class is normally not meant for combat.
Due to that, you have been given a special quest.
Figure out how to use your abilities in combat.
Kill 1 Goblin Scout.

Reward: 200xp,???,???.

Do you want to accept the tutorial quest?

Yes No

Jaune hesitated for a second, but pressed Yes, as he was determined to become a hunter.

The window disappeared and Jaune began to sneakily make his approach toward the goblins. Having practiced using [String Manipulation] on his way, he figured out that it was very similar to [Mana Threads], but require quite a bit more concentration to pull off.

Bad joke aside, Jaune focused and manifested a string and send it towards one of the goblins and wrapped it around its neck. With a yank, he pulled it back and ensnared the goblin, slowly beginning to choke it.
The goblin dropped the weapon it was holding, a crude dagger, and scratched as and yanked at the thin strong to no avail. The strong did choke the goblin, but it was not enough to kill it in time as the other goblin charged at Jaunge with his own Dagger.

Jaune just barely dodged the attack, but in the process, he released the goblin that he was choking.

It would seem that the LVL 1 of [String Manipulation]was not strong enough to deal any significant damage.

Get in back in the fight he summoned fort another string with his right hand, but this time he aimed it at the dropped dagger beside the goblin, who was holding his breath in pain ah breathing sporadically.

He summoned five strings with his left hand and mobilize the goblin that was taking him.
Grabbing the dagger he aimed it toward the immobilized goblin, accelerated it, and let go of it. It hit the goblin in the chest and dug deep into its flesh ending it swiftly.
The goblin that was frantically catching his breath, watched in horror as his brother was slain and stumbled as it tried to run away. But to no avail. It was stuck. The goblin tried to free himself of the invisible force that was holding him only to get two daggers stabbed true its chest.

Jaune retracted the strings holding the dangers to himself and picked them up with his hands before releasing the strings, making them disappear.

*Ding*
*Ding*
*Double Ding*

A lot of sounds were heard and a lot of windows popped up.

Tutorial quest completed!
You have figured out how to use your abilities in a fight and have killedv2 goblins. Congratulations!

Reward: 200xp, Small Storage ring,
[Conqueror's Blessing].

Jaune sat down at the roots of a tree and laid the two dangers beside him. He proceeded to press Ok belov the quest rewards and a small silver ring with engravings dropped into his hand.

He examined the ring and the following window appeared.

Small Storage ring.
Rare
'A ring containing space-disrupting magic, a loving the user to store items within a small pocket dimension.'
The storage can fit 50 different items, and items of the same kind can be stacked up to 10x in the same slot.

He proceeded to put the ring on his left-hand middle finger.

He looked at his hand and an inventory-like menu appeared. A 10 by 5 of small squares. He took the danger from beside him and held them above the run and let them go. And lo and behold, the daggers disappeared and appeared in the inventory. And they were taking up two slots... As he touched the icon of one of the dangers it opened up its stat window.

Goblin Dagger
Grade F
A crude made dagger used by goblins and the like.

He closed the window and taped the other dagger. It was the same, but the grade was E.

'My luck at it again, different grades of the same item don't stack.' he sighed as he closed the window and he looked at the next notification window.

You have leveled up!
Your level has increased to 3!
You gained 5 and 4 attribute points randomly distributed depending on your class. You also gain 6 free attribute points.

Jaune proceeds to press Ok.

Due to possessing the [Conqueror's blessing ] you will receive 3 instead of 2 free attribute points per level, which you can use to put into an attribute of your liking.
Would you like to see all effects of [Conqueror's blesing]?

Yes      No

Jaune pressed Yes.

[Conqueror's blessing]
By overcoming the seemingly impossible you have set foot upon the path of the Conqueror. This blessing will increase the number of free skill points you receive on level up as well as ???.

Jaune smiled at that, finally, something good happened. He proceeded to close the window.

Due to the extended use of [String Manipulation], its level increased to 2. The strength, durability, and handling of the string has increased.

Nice, maybe at some point he can actually kill some monster with the strings alone.

Due to using your wit in battle to grant victory, Wis and Int were increased by 1.

He dismisses the window and looks around to see that the goblin bodies have disappeared and in its stead, something else appeared.

Loot!

Don't mind if I do.

Jaune made his way and collected the loot dropped by the goblins.

1x Small monster core, grade F
And 2x leather, grade E.

What did you except, those were level 1 goblins. Did you expect them to drop something like an overpowered weapon or skill books? Hah, not with Jaune's luck!

Putting away the loot into the storage, jaune looked over at the now-setting sun.

'It's the end of the day...
But just the beginning of my journey...'

He thought, his smile still adorning his face.

To be continued...