Chapter 5, Big Catch

It took the better part of two hours to get to the edges of Vale, and the duo was the same as we have last seen them.

As they drew closer to the main part of the town, a fierce roar could b heard.

"Where's the nearest trader that buys monster cores, I'm completely broke and starving." complained Jaune.

"Same." joined in Blake.

"Up the street and first left, can't miss it." said an old man sitting at the terrace of an cafe, while reading a newspaper.

"Thanks, old nan." said Jaune, now heading straight for his destination.

The trade was as you would expect, they handed over the cores, the clerk examined them and paid them adequately.

Blake got 90 Lien for 3x small F grade cores.

Jaune on the other hand got 245 lien. 180 for 7x small F grade cores, and 35 for the single D grade Core.

Jaune on the outside seamed like always, his smile plastered on his face. But on the inside he was celebrating, as he just made more money in a sing hunt, then in over a week at his shitty job.

As they exited the shop, now a bit richer, Blake turned to Jaune and asked.
"You know any good places around here?"

Jaune hummed.
"You like fish?" he asked.

Blake glared at him.

"What, that was a serious question." he started completely serious.

Blake rolled her eyes at that.
"Yes, I do like fish." came her answer.

Jaune grinned(isn't he constantly smiling? Is there a difference between his normal smile and the smile when he is grinning?).

"Follow me Kitten." he teased.

Blake huffed at that.
"That one was on purpous."

"Yes, it was." Answered Jaune smugly.

Blake pouted at that and followed him.

The ended up walking to downtown, as the atmosphere turned darker and gloomy.

Blake turned cautious, and curious as Jaune navigated the streets like he knew them like the back of his hand.

"And we are here," announced Jaune, bringing Blake out of her thoughts.

She looked up and saw a rather run-down restaurant, with a big fish shaped sign saying Big Jim's Big Catch.

Leading her inside, the restaurant turned out to be better in the inside than the outside. It was well cared for and really cozy.
'Never judge a book by its cover.' Blake thought.
The restaurant itself was empty, no customer and no staff to be found.

"Hey Jimmy, wake up." shouted Jaune, making Blake flinch slightly.

"Yeah, Yeah, I'm coming. Don't get yar panties in a twist." came a shout from the kitchen. A deep an raspy voice might I add.

And soon after, came out the man that the voice belonged to.
A nan in his 50s, that looked more like a sailor than a chef. He had a scar under his left eyes, and thique eyebrows. He had brown hair that was combed back, green eyes and a medium length beard. He wore a grey long sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows under a apron. He sposted a pair of jeans and well wirn work boots. But most noticeably he was smoking a pipe.

"Good to see you are still around J," stated Jimmy smiling at Jaune, before noticing a Blake.
"And who's the young ladies?" he asked.

"Jimmy, Blake. Blake Jimmy." Jaune said introducing eachother.

"Now that thats done, I'm starving. I'll take a dish o' the see and a fried carp. I would recommend you the same." he said turning to Blake fit the last part.

"The same for me then. What kind of drinks do you serve here?" she asked.

"A bit if everything, as long as it's nothing to specific." Jimmy answered.

"I'll take a pickaxe pilsener." stated Jaune, as he went to take a seat at a table in the corner.

"You have sake?" Blake asked.

"Really cheep one." Jimmy replied.

Blake smiled.
"The best boze is the cheap one. And get me two cups" she stated, before joining Jaune at the table.

"Aye, coming right up." shouted Jimmy as he went to prepare the food and fetch the boze.

"So, you seem to know Jimmy well." steted Blake as sat down opposite to him.

"Know him since my first week on the street." stated Jaune.

Blake raised a brow at that.
"What you mean with that?" she asked.

Jaune sighted and lost his smile.
"Blake, I've been on my own for a long time. My family threw me out because I was 'not good enough'." he started mockingly.

Blake saddened at hearing that.
'How could any patent abandoned their kids!' she thought.

"I spend tree years on the street, before I found a guy who got me an shity job as a tailor. Pay was absolute shit. Just enough for a shitty apartment and to not go hungry... Most of the time." he started somberly.

"Jaune I'm so sorry to-" she was cut of by Jaune, who was smiling again.

"But that's no more. Now I can become a hunter and make a decent living." he started.

Blake could only admire his enthusiasm, being able to see the bright future that awaits and not fallter due to his past. She could only smile as she knew, she just knew he would make it far.

"Did I hear that right? Or is old age getting to me?" asked Jimm my as he arrived, setting down the food and drinks.

Jaune grinned(Again, is that even possible), and pulled five dagger out of his storage and strung them to string and played around with them a little.

"You heard right old nan. I'm becoming a hunter!" announced Jaune, storing the daggers.

Jimmy started laughing heartedly.
"You did it, you really did it." he said as he took the sake bottle and went back to the kitchen and returned with a cup and a nother bottle, which looked more expensive.

"This calls for a celebration. And a celebration calls for a good liquer." stated Jimmy as he started filling the cups.

"I'm not sure I can aford that sake." stated a skeptical Jaune.

"Don't woorry about the price drink and eat to your heart content, it's all on the house my friend." stated Jimmy excitedly.

With the cups filled, each took one.

"A toast, to us." began Jimmy lifting his cup.

"To good hunts to come." joined in Blake.

"To overcome our limits." finished Jaune as they hit their cups together in cheer.

With that, they celebrated till the evening, when they all collapsed as they were all to drunk.

To be continued...

Just to mess with you all and get you excited for the future...

Jaunes birth name...

Is....

Jaune D. Water Arc

Good luck trying to figure out what I'm gonna do with that.

Umbra out.