The Father Daughter Duo

Alina's POV:

Ever since my brothers brought me home, I've been the happiest I've ever been. I don't remember much from my old life, but I know it definitely didn't feel like this.

They don't happen as often anymore, but I get these flashbacks. Whatever I see always take place in a cold and dark room. Usually, I see two men who claim to be my brothers. Even if they were, I wouldn't consider them as my family.
Sandy, Lulu, Mimi, Nico, and Manny are my real brothers. They are the best brothers in the whole wide world!

My flashbacks always have them in them. Usually they yell words I don't understand and hit me. Only mommy and daddy know about the recent ones, I don't want my brothers to worry.

Something strange occurred a few nights ago. I had a dream of my old life. A dream! Not a nightmare. A dream. It was so different; it wasn't violent in the slightest.
I was in a man's arms, he was hugging me tight and I leaned into his warmth, it felt as if it was so unfamiliar to me. I realized it was one of the men who claimed to be my brothers. I've come up recognize him as the older one. The other man follows his lead just like how my brothers follow Sandy.

He was asleep yet clutching onto me like I was his most prized possession. He almost looked, sad? Usually he looked angry and had a strange look in his eyes. It's mean, but I don't feel sad. After all he's done to me, or what I think has done, he can be sad. My hugs are too good to waste on him.

I didn't wake up screaming or in tears. I woke up, silently got out of bed, and walked to mommy and daddy's door. I debated on whether to knock or not. It wasn't an emergency, I was ok, maybe a little weirded out, but I was fine. So I went back to bed and dreamt of my precious waffles.

I've had the dream a few times now. I'm not complaining though. I've really come to hate those bastardos. I learned that word from Lulu! I don't know what it means yet but it's a potty word.
*bastards

Along with those odd dreams, I'm also getting more flashes, and they're getting worse. I wish they were just made up, but they're my memories so I guess they really happened. Mommy and daddy say that I'm a strong girl.

Though I get these flashbacks, I see the room, I see the men, but I don't remember anything. It all feels fake, like it never happened. But it did, and that really scary.

I'm so thankful that I'm here and not in heaven. Sandy said that's where my fish went, I miss Goldie.

Daddy yelled the other day which was scary but I forgave him because he didn't mean it. He was really sorry and agreed to watch Frozen with me which was great! My brothers also joined. They said they weren't interested, but I saw their faces when Hans went bad.

Other than the flashes and Han being a doodoo head, everything has been pretty good. I FaceTime Grey basically every day on my iPad. I also talk with Ellie a lot and sometimes Evan and Zach too. They're all really cool but they have school a lot. I wish I could go.

"Mommy?"

"Yes sweetheart?"

"I'm sooooo bored and I miss my friends. Can I go to school?"

"But don't you want to start when everyone else does in September?"

"Nope! That's months away and I already have friends! Pleaseeeeeeeee???"

"You really want to go that badly?"

"Yup." I say, popping the p.

She sighs.
"Go ask daddy." 

I run towards daddy's office and knock on the door. Daddy said to always knock.

"Come in."

"Daddy!" I say as I jump into his lap.