The Lombardi Cousins

Giovanni's POV:

When we discovered that our relatives in America had adopted a daughter, to say we were surprised is an understatement. We never saw more than headlines and the back of her head. That's all we had on this mystery girl.

Ma and Nonna were ecstatic and called Bianca immediately. But they were pissed that she wouldn't give up a single thing about her. They took their frustration out on us and forced us to contact our cousins but they stayed silent as well.

The family has wanted a girl since Ma and my Aunt Bianca had Alessandro and I. But they only had boys from then on. Our family didn't care what we were, as long as we were healthy. But after 10 boys you kind of want a little girl. My brothers and I are so excited to have a little girl in the family. We don't even know her name and we already love her. We'll protect her from anything and everything this world throws at her.

The trip to New York was crazy. Nonna and Ma rushed us out of the house as they cannot wait to get there and we were "too slow". We own the jet, we could literally buy the whole airport for crying out loud. It's fine if we're a little late. I swear if they knew how to fly a plane they'd shoot the pilot and be like, "fuck the protocols and rules meant for our safety! I have a granddaughter/niece to get to!"

We finally made it to the city and Nonna announces our arrival as soon as the doors opened. We step out of the elevator and look around for our new cousin.
Where is she?

I greet my aunt, uncle, and cousins who all have big grins on their faces. Knowing my aunt, Bianca definitely has something big planned to introduce her to us. I see the look Antonio and her give each other, it's time, then we hear it. I hear a little girl's scream. My cousin's scream. No.

We all run towards what I assume to be her room, guns in hand. Please be ok. Uncle Tony slams the door open to reveal a man over a girl, my girl. I'm about to shoot his balls off but my uncle shoots first. We need him alive, sadly.

My aunt and uncle fall to the floor hugging and kissing her while whispering things into her ear. I'm livid. We all are. We just got here to meet our darling girl just to find her life in danger. She's our family and we protect our family with all we have to offer, even our lives.

We leave the room and as we exit, men come in and take the guy away. I'll see you later fucker.

After things have calmed down a bit, I discover that her name is Alina or Allie. She then meets Ma, Dad,  Nonna, and Grandfather. We all call him that, but she's already clearly the favorite and gets to call him 'Grandpa'.

And her laugh is honestly the most adorable thing ever.

Then she walks over to where my brothers and I stand. We get our first real look at her. She has long blonde hair, just like the pictures showed. Her skin is pale and looks so soft. And her eyes, wow. I've never seen eyes like hers. They remind me of the beautiful sea of the Caribbean. She's beautiful, I can already tell we're going to have to scare off some boys. That's gonna be fun.

I get on one knee in front of her. She's so tiny that I'm still taller like this.

"Hey Allie, I'm Giovanni but you can call me Gio." She gasps and looks at Alessandro.

"Sandy!" I almost choke on my own spit. Sandy? "This is Gio! The Gio!"

"Oh, what does he say about me amore?"

"That you talk a lot and are really loud and that he beats you in fights allllll the time. He also says that I should hide my green grapes from you."

"Oh really?" I said, directed at 'Sandy' with an arched brow. He smiles at me. Oh, a challenge?