Chapter 26: A charm of life

Seishu was worried.

They had complied with what m/n had asked of them and brought Suzuki to the hospital but that meant they had left the boy alone in that state. They didn't even know where he went.

The good thing was that Suzuki was fine and just needed to rest. Nothing extremely damaging had happened, only a few minor injuries and possible concussion.

M/n however, did not seem to be so lucky. To the two boys, he looked like he was going to collapse right there and then when they saw him and was only able to remain conscious due to pure determination.

They had no idea what he had to do but it must've been important for him to act that way. A blessing and a problem - he was able to stay standing because of it but it may be dangerous and a dangerous situation was definately not what the boy needed at the moment.

The two were currently sitting inside the room Suzuki was resting in and were thinking of any possible places he could have rushed off to but all thoughts were blank.

Kokonoi had decided to leave for a bit and stood outside. Seishu didn't want to leave until m/n came back, the black haired boy thought it was stupid but didn't want to strand Inui by leaving on his own.

It hadn't been that long since they left with they girl - probably only around 20 minutes - he could wait a little longer.

. . .

"QUICK!" Someone shouted through the chaos, "SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!"

"Baji-san!" Chifuyu yelled running over to baji. "He's alive!" Chifuyu annouced to the others while putting pressure on his wound, "M/n too!"

Relief washed over everyone at the words. Although their relief was broken by the sound of a fist hitting flesh and a body being flung to the ground.

"I'll kill you!" Mikey seethed at Kazutora in his anger.

Takemitchi watched the ordeal, beating himself up about the fact that he had done nothing. It was thanks to m/n that Baji didn't stab himself despite the boy only just arriving, especially in the state he was in.

He decided to do the only thing he could in that moment, stop Mikey from killing Kazutora. He ran in front of the boy who was being beaten mercilessly.

"Move or I'll kill you..." Mikey threatened.

"You gotta stop this Mikey-kun!" Takemitchi yelled, getting punched in the face as a result. He was flung to the ground but recovered quickly, "Baji-kun didn't want this damnit!" He was kicked to the ground once more.

"Dont you... talk about Baji." Mikey spoke almost robotically.

"Dont talk about Baji?" The blonde whispered from the ground. He stood up, throwing his jacket to the side. "STOP TALKING LIKE HES DEAD GOD DAMNIT! IF IT WASNT FOR M/N-KUN BAJI WOULD BE DEAD! DONT YOU SEE!? BAJI NEARLY KILLED HIMSELF BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT YOU TO HAVE A REASON TO KILL KAZUTORA-KUN!"

Tears welled up in his eyes, "HE ALMOST STABBED HIMSELF BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT KAZUTORA TO FEEL GUILTY, HE WANTED YOU TO FORGIVE HIM! HE ALMOST DID THAT FOR YOU GUYS, FOR TOMAN! WHY CANT YOU UNDERSTAND!?"

"Takemitchi..." Mikey said, spotting something on the ground. "Where did you get this charm?"

"Huh? Oh, I found it at the shrine."