Interviews With The Authors 5 - Nadie_Rae

And here it is guys interview number 5

Nadie_Rae

Nadie is the Author of Alley Cat, Real Life Via Public High School and Childhood Calling

Interview Ahead

-----------

Ok first question, what’s the story behind your username? How did you

come up with it? Was it sudden or thought about?

** Well, my username is a combination of my nickname 'Nadie' (rhymes with 'lady'),short for 'Nadine', and my middle name 'Rae'. Most people call me 'Nadie Rae', and I just felt like wattpad should know me by that as well.  :) ***

How old were you when you first started writing? ***I was in kindergarten. I would write ridiculous stories or journal entries in my notebook. I still have them and they always give me a good laugh to look back on.**

What was the first book you can remember writing? **I don't remember the exact name, but it was a small book about a boy who grew a giant carrot...yeah, I never actually liked that book.  ;P. **

Where did the idea’s for[Insert Story Name Here] come from? ** The idea for 'Alley Kat' I got one night when it was raining loudly. I'm not really sure how it came to me, but hearing how harsh the thunder was compared to the soft echo of rain seemed to just spill thoughts from my head.**

How did you choose your characters names? Was it random or do they

mean something? ** Well, Kat's name just popped into my head after I wrote the prologue. I thought of an alleyway, and the first thing that popped into my head was the phrase 'alley cat'. Kat just fit right into it. The other character's names I just felt fit them as well, like they were meant to be.**

What inspired you to start writing?

How does writing make you feel? Is it just something you do for fun or

is it something else? **I've always been a very opinionated person. Writing let's me express that through poetry, blogging, and even just making up stories that somehow express my feelings through the protagonist. It's just what I love to do.**

How did you discover Wattpad, Do you remember?** My friend was talking about reading this amazing book, but that it was only available on an ebook website. She told me to download the Wattpad IPhone app. I fell in love, and the rest is history. :) **

What do you enjoy the most about writing?

Do your Family/Friends know about Wattpad, about your stories?**I love the feeling of release about writing. It's as though I'm letting the world see my inner most thoughts, getting any pressure or struggle I'm going through out of my head. I only have a couple of friends that know I write on wattpad, but I told them that they aren't aloud to read my stuff. I'm very self conscious about my writing. It's personal sometimes, even if it is fiction.**

What are you working on at the moment?

How long have you been a member of wattpad? **I'm working on 'Alley Kat' and starting a new story soon. I posted the story idea as one of my works on wattpad if anyone would like to read what it'll be about. I also have a story called 'Real Life via Public High School'. It's basically a collection of ridiculous and crazy things that I've witnessed in my half nerd- half ghetto high school. Lol. I've been a member since December, but read on the app months before that. I didn't actually start writing on here until February though.**

Do you base your stories on things that happen in real life?**Sometimes. Usually the way I'm feeling after a certain incident will cause me to create an idea, and that new idea is what I'll write from it.**

Who is your favourite character?

Are they based on someone real? **My favorite character is definitely Kat. Why? Well, everything Kat says and feels is how I would react or think in a situation. She's basically me, but with a complicated and confusing life. She's sarcastic, random, and get's distracted easily, but clever sometimes. I'd say I'm somewhat living a wild experience through her. Haha **

Do you have a favourite story of yours? **My favorite would be my short story 'Childhood Calling'. It's sad, but content at the same time. I wrote it for a class taught by my favorite teacher, and it has a soft spot in my heart.  :). **

Do you have a favourite story on wattpad?  **Yep! 'A Proscriptive Relationship' by XxSkater2Girl14xX. I know, everyone loves it, but it was actually the story that I was first introduced to on. As much as I love all different kinds of stories and unique ideas, APR still remains the only one on wattpad that I've read more than once *cough* five times *cough*. ;). **

Do you listen to music when you write? **Yes! Mostly Chris Garneau, Richard Walters, Death Cab for Cutie, or Switchfoot. **

Who is your favourite Wattpad author? **Malpal132. I love her story 'We Should Get Jerseys', and when reading her profile 'about me' section, I swear she could be my long lost twin. Lol**

What is your favourite story of theirs? 'We Should Get Jerseys'**

What is your favourite genre to read , write about? **I love to write stories and read stories that are mixed with every genre except horror and erotica. Lol. Adventure, action, mystery, romance, humor...a good story needs all of that!**

Do you ever get Writers Block? If so how do you get past it?**Yes, I get it quite a lot. I'm a contemporary dancer, so I usually just turn on some music when no one is home and improve to whatever plays (yes i am such an extremely cool person that i dance by myself in my room...don't judge haha). It clears my head and gets me in my Writing Zone.  ;) **

Who is your favourite published author? **I'm so indecisive. I honestly can't pick. There are so many awesome ones out there!**

What is your favourite published book? **Well technically, the Bible, but after that, I'd say 'To Kill a Mockingbird' or 'Fahrenheit 451'.**

Would you ever want your work to be published? **Someday. :). **

When faced with a negative comment how do you deal with it? **I go directly to the issue they address and improve it. I'm OCD and a perfectionist, so believe it or not, negative ones are my favorite. They push me to improve, something that can never be done enough. **

When your not reading or writing what can you be found doing?**Dancing!**

Do you have a message for people who are just starting out writing? Or

just a message in general?**Write what you love. Write what you feel. Write with passion.  Don't write without any of those.**

Do you consider yourself a good writer? Do you look up to anyone on wattpad? ** I consider myself an 'okay' writer. Being OCD, I'm very critical of everything I do, so never expect me to give myself good feedback. Haha. There is always something I want to fix. I look up to any writing who can inspire me to reach greater heights.**

What is your dream/Goal on wattpad?**To keep people up all night reading and to show the world just a snip of my imagination. **

Do you have any pet peeves about writing styles? Does something really

turn you off from a book?**Horrible grammar and choppy writing. I'm such a grammar hound. I also hate it when books start with the main character going, " My name is Sally. I'm fourteen years old. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm skinny, but I still have curves in all the right places." It drives me nuts! Descriptions need to flow through the story!  Sorry...I'm ranting aren't I? Moving on!  **

Do you have any shout outs anything you want to say before we finish

the interview?

**Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me (technically type, but you get what i'm saying...or typing) and even thinking that my writing is good enough to have the interview. It means a lot, and I love all of my fans and readers for supporting me as well. God bless. Love you Wattpaders! Peace <3 Thank Nadie_Rae Don't forget to Vote, Comment, Like and Tweet xx