Interviews With The Authors 7 - AleexMariee

The seventh Author on IWTA is.....DunDunDAAAAA

AleexMariee

thanks for joining us Alex 

---------

What's the story behind your username? How did you come up with it? Was it sudden or thought about?

- My username is just my first name and then middle name with a few extra e's. It's pretty much my username for everything, so it didn't take much thinking about ;)

How old were you when you first started writing? - I actually don't know! Probably about 12 or 13, out of school that is. It's funny, because English has always been my worst subject at school...

What was the first book you can remember writing? - I used to write fanfiction on fanfiction.net a lot, so I guess they were the first books I wrote, although they were probably really bad! A Year Full Of Surprises is the first book I've completed that I've actually been pleased with the outcome of.

Where did the ideas for "A Year Full Of Surprises" come from?  - Reading Wattpad stories, obviously, such as A Proscriptive Relationship, but also the Vampire Academy series is a spin on the student/teacher thing. But that was mainly just the student/teacher idea, the actual plot and stuff just developed in my head when I was bored!

How did you choose your characters names? Was it random or do they mean something? - Jessica and Jordan were pretty random. I wanted names that shortened, because it was kind of a theme in the story and I thought that having them both begin with J was kind of cool. Matt is my uncles name. Grace and Lydia are two sisters who go to my school. Apart from that, I flick through my friends, or friends friends, on Facebook until I find a name that I like ;). The Auschwitz Affair was harder because I wanted names that fit their nationalities, so I just googled Hungarian and German names until I found one that I liked. All the teachers names, bar Jord, are real teachers from my school, pretty much.

What inspired you to start writing?  - Other peoples stories, published and unpublished, obviously played a big part. Knowing that other people can do it so well makes me want to be that good, even though I know it will never happen.I normally listen to music and stuff when I'm writing. The Auschwitz Affair was inspired by the time period. We were doing about Dietrich Bonhoeffer in RE and I've always loved the Holocaust, despite how horrific it was. It just kind of came to me whilst I was daydreaming.

How does writing make you feel? Is it just something you do for fun or is it something else? - Just for fun. I don't really use it as an escape like some people, I just like creating plots and characters in my head. It's putting my imagination down in words. 

How did you discover Wattpad? Do you remember?  - I probably shouldn't admit this, but I was actually looking to read a published book online and I found it on Wattpad. I then flicked through some of the other stories on here and decided that it was a really good website! 

What do you enjoy most about writing? - I like the challenge of making it so people can enjoy it. Also, it helps expand my vocabulary and things. It's really helped me with my English work at school.

Do your Family/Friends know about Wattpad, about your stories? - No. My mum knows that I write and put it online, but I would never let her read what I've written. Apart from that, I haven't told anyone! 

What are you working on at the moment? - It's Not A Game Of Chance When It Comes To Love is my main focus, it's the most popular one and the one I enjoy writing most, the ideas come more quickly with it. The Auschwitz Affair is harder to write because I'm trying to keep it mainly historically correct, which restricts some of the ideas I have. The Kissing Ban is something I'm really enjoying writing though, it's less involved than the others so far.