Interviews With The Authors 12 - PixxieXglitter

and here is Interview Number 12

with Pixiexxglitter

-------------------

Ok first question, what’s the story behind your username? How did you come up with it? Was it sudden or thought about?

My freshman year of high school, I used to wear glitter a lot, and carry a container of it to threaten the guys; believe me, it works :) they get scared! So people started calling me either Pixxie or Glitter; Pixxie being the most popular. So I decided to make a cross between the two because I could decide which I liked better! A few people have messaged me that they like my username, so I'm glad that I made that choice.

How old were you when you first started writing?

 I was 11 when I started writing stories and book series, but I first started writing little blurbs, at about 10 because it was escape for me from something personal during that time. I like to think that I've always had that creative side to me! :) 

What was the first book you can remember writing?

 Alien Attractions: Book 1: The First Attractions was my first book, I ever wrote. haha I even have it posted up here on Wattpad! I think that's because it reminds me of who I was and what my writing style was like when I was younger, though I am going to edit it and make it more mature.

Where did the idea’s for Me and the Ice King come from?

 I have moved around a lot, especially in Middle School, I was never in one school for more than a year, so I wanted to have a story that included going to a new school. The main character, Courtney is a bit based off of me, but not completly. I had also tried figure skating for the first time in 2010, and absolutly loved it, so I added that into the mix.

Do you speak more then one language? If so what else do you speak?

 Si, yo hablo un poco de espanol... lol Yes, I speak a bit spanish... but I'm always missing the accent marks on the computer because I don't know how tho make them hehe. But there's actually a weird story to that. When I was little, my first language was Spanish, but for some reason I stopped speaking it and picked up English. So that makes English my second first laguage, right?

How did you choose your characters names? Was it random or do they mean something?

  I pick the names that I like and try to match the best one to the character, but I don't think they mean anything. My favorite character's name has to be Jelisa from The Wish. It's just so unique to the type of book it is. 

What inspired you to start writing?

 My dreams inspired me to start writing, because they were awesome! I would have to stand there and watch everything that was going around me. When I wake up, I can't help but think 'oh my god, I can't believe I dreamed that. It would be an awesome book!' That's how I got The Rough Life and an upcoming book.

How does writing make you feel? Is it just something you do for fun or is it something else?

 Writing is something that I do for fun. I don't like writing essays or anything that tells me what I can or can't write because it limits my creativity. Writing should be about expression, not following rules and what everyone else is writing about.

How did you discover Wattpad, Do you remember?

 My friend posts her story on here under the username angie0593 and she's the one that gave me the name of the site. She highly recommended it and I knew it had to be good. She's also the one that got me into Asian Dramas XD So, I got onto wattpad and looked around at the clubs, stories and profiles and I really liked it. So I made an account and here I am, months later with more books than I started!