xxviii.

twenty-eight ── half-blood hill

𝕷uke was cold and scared. He was on edge, having been like this for the past few night now.

"Come no, keep up." Luke reached back, helping Annabeth jump onto his back. The little girl clung on, as Luke continued to walk. "Thalia!"

"I'm tired, Luke."

"We're almost at Camp." Luke replied. He just needed to drop them off, wait until the cyclops had gone and then he could go back home, to his parents.

"We've been walking everyday."

"You asked me to get you to Camp Half-Blood." Luke hissed, turning and taking Thalia's pack, slinging it over his shoulder as he shifted Annabeth on his back. He could only be happy that he'd done so much ice hockey training, and spent so much time with his uncles in the gym, that he was able to hold everything. "Come on. We're almost there. I can see the hill."

Thalia hurried after him, both of them hurrying towards the hill, as Luke continued to look around. He was on edge, still feeling like something was watching them, as he had done for three days now.

The cyclops was close, but Luke didn't know how close. He tightened his grip on the dagger, before hurrying on. Thalia was ahead of him now, having begun to speed up as she realised how close they were to the hill.

Luke looked around again, searching for something, before looking up at the stars to make sure that he was on the right track. They were still heading in an eastern direction, so this had to be the hill that was going to take them to Camp Half-Blood.

He walked into the back of Thalia, who had frozen.

"What?"

"Something's wrong." She whispered, clutching onto Aegis, her shield that her father had gifted her. Luke looked around again, before shaking his head.

"Keep going."

"Luke..."

"Keep going." Luke hissed, glancing down at her. "Camp is 500 metres away at best."

"He's going to be after me." Thalia whispered, paranoia setting in. "I'm the Daughter of Zeus. He'll be hunting me."

"Okay, then we go one at a time." Luke countered, before placing Annabeth down, and inching closer. They just had to cross a road and then run up the hill. "Annabeth, you see the crest of the hill?"

"Yeah." She lisped.

"I need you to run to it." Luke muttered, tightening her backpack straps, and nodding. "Once you're over the crest, you wait there for us. Okay?"