xvii.

seventeen ── storms

𝕷uke knew, deep in his heart, that what he was doing was stupid. He knew that he shouldn't be doing this, that his mom would be angry, and disappointed. But quite frankly, Luke couldn't care less.

Not even with the unfinished pile of homework next to him, with some pieces that were due in for the next few days.

No, Luke didn't care. He wanted to play video games, so he was going to play video games, and he'd deal with his mom's annoyance about that later.

"Luke!"

Or maybe sooner.

Scrambling, Luke managed to shove the computer away from him, turn it off and grab his pen to start writing just as Eden knocked on the door.

"Luke, can I come in?"

"Sure." Leaning back in his chair, Luke grinned as his mom stepped into his room. "Is it dinner?"

"No, got another half an hour for that. Just wanted to check in." Eden sat on Luke's bed, folding her legs up beneath her as she watched him. "Everything alright?"

"What?"

"You seem a little jumpy." Eden stated, and if Luke turned around, he'd find that Eden was grinning as she looked at their golden retriever. "I was just wondering if everything was alright?"

"Course, everything's fine." Luke nodded, far too quickly as Eden stood and leant over his shoulder. 

"I can see the video game tab open." Eden grinned, before pressing a kiss to his curly hair. "Also, it's gonna rain tonight, so anything that you have outside, needs to be in."

"Ah shit." Luke cussed as Eden chuckled and pressed another kiss to his curly hair. "My ice hockey stuff's outside."

"Go get it and then homework, I mean it, Luke." Eden replied, as Luke huffed and stood, following his mom down the stairs. As she went back to the living room with Bradley, Luke grabbed his coat and hurried outside onto the patio. Heading around the side of the large house, he dragged the makeshift goal (that he had left set up in the driveway) into the garage, followed by his hockey sticks and pucks.

Carrying on, Luke paused, noticing something from the corner of his eye. His eyes narrowed, knowing that he didn't have his dagger on him - he hadn't needed one at home for a long time now, so he never carried it. 

Stepping back into the shadows, Luke watched the gate cautiously, his eyes narrowing as thunder rumbled over his head. The door beside him opened, and Eden stepped out.

"What's the matter?"

"What?"

"I saw you freeze," She replied, looking around as he did, her hand on his shoulder. Luke hummed, doing a final look around. "Everything alright?"