7. Frozen in the moment

Harry's eyes darted towards Draco, his eyes widened.
Climbed a tree. Climbed a tree.

He remembered the year of the triwizard tournament... Draco had been making fun of him.
He did that for Harry... in a bad way right?
Yes. Of course.
He climbed the tree to make Harry feel inferior. Not because of anything else.
Harry let his eyes fall to his hands.
Don't be fucking dumb.

"Okay.... But why would you climb a tree?" Dean asked
"Only one question per truth." Draco reminded him, trying not to look towards Harry.
He had climbed that tree for Harry.
Well. Not totally for Harry per say.. he had climbed the tree because he thought it would be better to jump down the tree and come closer to Harry than just walk up to him for no reason and start bullshitting him.

I guess Merlin is playing the reverse card on me.

Draco just hoped that Harry couldn't catch on.

"So? Are you going to talk?" Diggory asked annoyingly and made Draco come back from the dreamland.

"Okay... ah..." he smirked, "Diggory. Truth or dare?"

Cedric rolled his eyes as he answered, " truth."
As soon as Cedric took a shot, Draco asked, " how many girls have you slept with since you've come back to hogwarts?"

Cedric's eyes instantly darted to Harry.
Draco looked victorious.
"18." His mouth spoke as the whole group fell into a chatter.
Harry had not expected that.

Cedric would hit him if he even came closer to someone else and he himself had been cheating on Harry?
Harry had tears trying to struggle their way out but he kept then at bay.
He was beyond mortified. Draco knew they were together. And yet he still asked this question. Which meant he knew things Harry didn't.

How long had Draco known that Cedric had been cheating on him?

"Millicent? Truth or dare?"  Cedric asked, he avoided eye contact with Harry, as if he didn't exist.

Everyone in the circle knew that Cedric had something going on with Harry on the side.
Which was all the more embark for the poor boy.

"Dare." She spoke and Dean widened his eyes at her, "what? Someone had to pick it. You all are a bunch of pussies." She spoke.

Everyone cringed a bit at her excessive speech.
She really didn't have a filter.

"Give Nott a lap dance for 5 minutes and drink that shot and say whatever comes in your head while doing it."

As much had Draco would have liked to disagree, that was one good dare.

It was hella hilarious when Millicent spoke that she was really  not feeling it when she started giving Nott a lap dance.
Literally everyone knew that she was a lesbian and the fact that she was on the truth serum made it all the more fun.
Draco even saw Harry smile a little.

"Now that that's over." she spoke as she sighed and sat like a real queen, "Harry. Truth or dare?"

"Dare." Harry spoke.
She did not want any questions about his 'life as a saviour'  being thrown at him.

As if it wasn't embarrassing enough.

"Go ahead." Harry spoke, its not like this night could get any worse.

'Bad day?' The author asked him in his head to which he replied, 'bad century.'

"Name the person here you think is the sexiest and most fuckable. And make out with them infront of us for as long as your body desires." She spoke with a wicked smirk.

Did I say this couldn't get any worse? Well... I spoke too soon.

Draco had his heart sink to his chest a little bit at this point.
He's gonna choose Cedric.
As much as Draco hated him. He knew Diggory was defiantly fuckable.

"Go ahead Harry. You can't resist the charm." She spoke and she was correct.
The More Harry tried resisting, the more his blood felt like it was boiling.
His mouth was trying to open involuntarily and his body was now standing.

"Mmmmm." He tried resisting.

"Get on with it potter." Pansy spoke, " you'll have to do it some day."

Cedric was smirking as he bent to reach Draco's ear, "Now you'll know who he belongs to."

Draco shot arrows through his sharp eyes as he had his eyes drift to Harry.

Harry's going to choose Diggory.

"Who do you choose ?" Millicent's voice called.

He could never love me.

"I choose mmmmphhh-"

You are too broken and too dark from him.

"I choose D-"

You don't deserve him.

"Who is it?! Is it Diggory!?" Dean piped up.

He deserves light. Not dark.

"Ofcourse it's me." Diggory spoke, "Harry sweetie, you can say it."

As Diggory started getting up, a name echoed across the room

"Draco!"

Cedric froze.
Draco froze.
Harry froze.

Time froze.

"What?" Cedric spoke.

"Downright bitches!" Pansy's voice Came In a union with Millicent's.

"You know what to do now!" Dean piped in.

"Yeah." Nott smirked

Harry had no control over his body now.
He moved ahead.
He was on his knees as he straddled Draco who had his eyes coming out of his skull and his stomach with so many butterflies that he could die.
His heart was fluttering and his mind was silent.

"I'm-"
"It's okay." Draco's raspy, thick, whisper reached Harry's ears, " Don't apologise." Draco told his had he relaxed his eyes and held Harry chin in his fingers, making Harry look at him.

"Not for this."

All the hootings and awww-ings didn't not reach Harry and Draco's ears as their eyes stared at eachother, as if in some kind of a confession.
Draco came closer as he tilted his face, his eyes slightly open as he took in a deep breath before he felt two hands curling his hair in two soft fists as his lips touched Harry's, making him feel alive for the first time in forever.

Harry's heart was beating, so loud that Harry was sure Draco could hear it.

They were frozen in the moment where two broken souls had found their salvation.

It was a kind of moment that they knew was going to last forever.

And the best part?

They both wanted it to last forever.

-x-