10. Better now than later

Karan didn't know what to ask Ranbir, he was strolling on the roads. And that's when he happened to see a lady in her thirties. She looked like younger version of Miss Presha. She was working as a teacher in a school nearby. He couldn't be more surprised and dialled home. And Miss Presha attended the call. If she was home, how she was at the school? Who was she?

 If she was home, how she was at the school? Who was she?

................................................................................

Are couple bracelets out of fashion? How about couple shoes? Clothes? Rings?" Ranbir was busy preparing gift for Prachi.

Few months ago when they went shopping, he chose a saree for his mom and Prachi almost misunderstood he bought it for her. He did realise and bought similar one to gift Prachi the next day, but the same day she lost touch and there was disturbance in their life thereafter.

“Hey..." He pinged her around 11:56 PM.

“Hey!" She texted back making it obvious that she was expecting his text.

“I'm in your house...in the hall!" He said. Probably Miss Presha asked the guards to let him in.

“What?" She was surprised.

“Hey...happy birthday!"He smiled as she walked to him.

“Thank you!" She said running into his arms. “There are still two more minutes though!"

“I don't know what to say, so I just wished first!"

“I know!" She smiled. There was comfortable silence until the clock struck 12.

“Happy birthday Prachi!" Miss Presha wished her, followed by Karan with a beautiful cake.

There was silence again after being done with cake cutting, blowing the candles, and singing the song. Prachi was so excited that she was singing herself.

“Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday dear Prachi!" She was quite jovial from the past two days. One reason being she never got to celebrate with friends earlier  due to financial condition and responsibilities. It was her dream to have friends around on that day. It was a rule in her home once she was well off. Karan and Presha had to celebrate their days too. She would plan treasure hunt and surprises. And they do the same for her  on someother day based on Rhea's schedule. Ranbir had fun participating and helping her with a mini treasure hunt.